Linux

>Ask the IT department at work to install "Linux" on my company laptop
>Get back a laptop loaded only with a bootloader and the Linux kernel

Attached: 1655370109934-01.jpg (646x767, 87.46K)

lol based, where do you work? are there any open positions?

Did they give you sh as init?

is it self-compiled? they did a favour for you and did a part of "install gentoo" for you

you got what you asked for what's the problem

how would you do that anyways

Linux is a kernel.

it's not exactly difficult, all you need is a bootloader and a minimal initramfs with an empty disk

ITT: things that didn't happen

I don't believe it. Does your company have no disk encryption policy?

True story boyos

Too based to be real.

based, you got more than you asked for. if it were me i'd have just wiped your hard drive and then copied the latest kernel to your raw block device without any partitioning.

Last place I worked for literally just gave me a laptop and told me to do whatever I wanted. I installed nixos on it.

Honestly this. This is the kind of shit I'd pull on a retard if I was some IT monkey. No one in IT monkey jobs are based.

should have asked for GNU/Linux. but this didn't happen you faggot you thought this story up while dropping a deuce. or you misread the script moishe. no shekels for you.

>implying that's a bad thing

Script misread, probably. IT department in my company is full of retards and my colleagues think that Linux is server OS, so I wouldn't be surprised if they gave me laptop with Ubuntu Server edition (with no GUI) installed if I were to ask them to install Linux on my Laptop. I can picture them wondering "why this guy needs a server OS" at first and then proceeding with "whatever, install Ubuntu server, cause that's what we use as Linux". Thankfully I can install myself.

And that's where script deviation comes from, installing bare bootloader and kernel requires knowledge, than these faggots don't have and more work than these lazy dimwits are willing to do. Installing some distro which will setup bootloader itself is actually easier, so is either OP lying (wouldn't be first time), IT joked or they thought he was badass "Archer" and gave minimal install.

>ask the IT department at work to give me a laptop with Linux
>get a laptop loaded with Ubuntu 18.04 with extended support
>there are no plans to upgrade
>mfw

>tfw small 50+ employee company
>no active directory crap
>full admin access to everything from my laptop, routers, servers and azure/aws accounts.
comfy

>Ubuntu 18.04
Based!
The retards at my old job had us using CentOS 7 on the workstations. Would be only half bad if not for the fact that logging in physically presented you with a Gnome desktop, but logging in remotely forced you into a MATE desktop "due to issues".
The workstations were certified for Ubuntu but the IT fucktards installed a broken CentOS "because that's already on our servers".

how many thread do you make with a frog every day? All of them are awful.