Be me

>be me
>buy $35 usd chink dac from aliexpress
>everything sound the same

Attached: cry2.gif (333x333, 1.77M)

>be me
>have a $50 usd dac from newegg
>after a few years it breaks so I remove it and plug directly into the motherboard
>notice no difference

nakabaqua

>using DACs
>2000+22
you deserve being laughed at

Attached: bc1.jpg (1280x720, 108.71K)

My adi dac 2 sounds exactly the same as my onboard audio
It's just a fancy black box you pretend you can hear a difference

>buy a "dac" with the same shitty $0.02 dac chip and shitty class D amplifier that your motherboard has
>can't tell difference

Attached: pso_gigs.jpg (368x180, 49.07K)

Only reason to ever use a DAC in current year is if your source is actually noisy or if it doesn't have the required outputs you need. Cheapshit DACs sound exactly the same as expensive DACs now. Its not really an issue on the majority of consumer electronics anymore.

>buy $2 chink dac from ebay
>everything sounds same

>Cheapshit DACs sound exactly the same as expensive DACs now.
No they don't.

only dac you need is the $8 apple one

the applel donglel is absolute crap, the wire broke after two weeks for me, cx31993 is much better

16bit 44.1kHz audio is literally a solved problem lmao.

Don't fall for audiofool memes. An external dac makes no meaningful difference as long as the one in your computer isn't shit in the first place

Quality audio is worth it but you also pretty quickly get into diminishing returns

Attached: 1655304481450.png (850x929, 550.94K)

Sauce?

Y'all really out here double amplifying your audio?

>using sound
lmao just laffo lmfao lol

I can see wanting a dedicated DAC for things like native decoding of DSD audio from SACDs (but so long as your system isn't total shit you can do DSD->PCM conversion in software without introducing any audible artifacts) or running your PC's audio to an older amplifier/receiver that doesn't support HDMI.

This. Don't be suckered by claims of DSD256+ and ultra-high sample rate support - science would love to study you if your hearing can detect anywhere near the 384kHz sampling rate some DACs advertise. I can't say I know what DACs they're using in lower-end motherboards these days, but the chips that Asus and Gigabyte use on their current Crosshair and Aorus boards do more than a good enough job.

>This. Don't be suckered by claims of DSD256+ and ultra-high sample rate support - science would love to study you if your hearing can detect anywhere near the 384kHz sampling rate some DACs advertise. I can't say I know what DACs they're using in lower-end motherboards these days, but the chips that Asus and Gigabyte use on their current Crosshair and Aorus boards do more than a good enough job.
Yep. You're most likely better off spending the money on better speakers or headphones, unless you already have really good ones. At which point you might as well save the money for something more useful

>that Asus and Gigabyte use on their current Crosshair and Aorus boards do more than a good enough job
This. I bought a B550 Aorus Elite for $100 and I'm surprised how good the audio is.

audio taste as bad as waifu taste

Depends on the DAC you're reproducing it with.

>watches warren huart once
lmk when your next ambient shoegaze earrapecore EP drops bro

Integrated DACs in most computers are in fact shit, though.