Security vulnerability of Intel / AMD x86

There is now a security vulnerability which concerns all Intel and AMD x86 CPUs made after the year 2009.

digitaltrends.com/computing/hertzbleed-vulnerability-exposes-crypto-keys-on-intel-and-amd/

It was named Hertzbleed. It steals info from your internet connected computer and tries to do it without your knowledge.

Hertzbleed is investigating your CPU states and when it sees CPU is using more power than it perhaps should be using at the moment, it decides a CPU is right now dealing with a secure key. Then it tries to immediately look at what CPU was exactly doing at that moment by copying memory contents in CPU cache and it sends the contents to owner of Hertzbleed program.

If the contents contained a secure internet key, it has now been stolen.

If you disable power saving in both Intel and AMD CPUs, hertzbleed does not know when to attack. If it starts to attack randomly, it may simply steal useless memory cache. But in theory it could still occasionally succeed by random attack.

Attached: 1655283095513.jpg (960x1255, 327.97K)

>Hertzbleed is investigating your CPU states and when it sees CPU is using more power than it perhaps should be using at the moment, it decides a CPU is right now dealing with a secure key.
So using a shitty unoptimized OS that has random processes which sometimes use 99% CPU for no reason at all, would be a way to confound this attack.

Windows wins again!

oh noes

>all Intel and AMD x86 CPUs made after the year 2009
Turn off turbo boost / dynamic clocking, this solves the issue. Also it affects any architecture that uses dynamic frequency scaling. IE all of them.

who is this semen demon

So, in other words, the attacked already needs to be using your system to do this. Yes, yet another "vulnerability" that is basically "users able to do guid 1000 things". fuck off

We have discovered a new vulnerability. "People" who are not the government or Microsoft, are able to log into their local computer and run the task manager. I have asked President Biden to conclave with as many Patels as necessary to solve this problem. It might be that we have to give them root access to every computer in the country. A small price to pay for such security.

Cool how are you going to get on my network first?

Oh no Intelbros and AMDsisters! How will we spin this when the Apple Siliconfags show up!!

Mine was made in 2008

>mitigations=off

Attached: 1646513932482.png (1242x1394, 1.24M)

fuck off with these threads already (495th one in last 24 hours)
nobody fucking cares, it affects nobody and a patch for linux is probably already out

More pics pls

based

naked feet
naked feet

found the non-whites lol

The age of x86 should have ended a couple of decades ago.

The feet gives it away.

>le old bad new good

Imagine suckling on her toes full of sand haha

please tell me that's a man

>computer gets infected with crypto miner
>crypto miners operate in background raising CPU states
>hertzbleed steal the crypto keys and steals miner hash from crypto malwares
BASED