Now that R and Python can do basically anything Matlab can who is still buying it and why?

Now that R and Python can do basically anything Matlab can who is still buying it and why?

Attached: MATLAB-logo.png (3840x2160, 159.9K)

Faculties and scientists.
You know, the people it's marketed for.
The only guy I saw IRL shitting on matlab was a deformed cripple in a wheelchair who said python was better than Matlab because it's free (as in no cost) and he even made a library for image processing iirc.
So he actually knew is shit, in addition to being a good scientist.
But most people doing research aren't so good at programming.

evidently aerospace fags because they can't program signal processing models when doling control theory, and instead rely upon simulink.
the actual core of matlab is obsolete and has no path forward to stay relevant.
t. matlab expert
(and yes, i shit on the language. i will never touch it again in about a month once my thesis is done).

The same people that still use Excel instead of Rstudio for data analysis

the path forward is "engineers in industry can't be fucked to learn anything new once they're out of college, so as long as we get universities to use it as a teaching tool we're good"

backwards compatibility

matlab isn't even backwards compatible with itself half the fucking time

>Excel
excel isn't bad, Martin Shkreli uses it for one.

>as in no cost
As in not several thousands of dollars for a year long subscription

Matlab is much faster than python but im not sure how it compares to rust

Python is free if you don't value your time.

Who cares, the uni is paying, not him.

>Matlab is much faster than python
Except if you you numpy, which is C++.
>but im not sure how it compares to rust
Have fun a 20 lines Matlab scripts in Rust.

R is dogshit
Python is a mess

Matlab code from 2000 run fine on latest version.

>those insufferable retards itt
you have no clue what you are even talking about, matlab is an auxiliary tool for various kinds of engineers that do not have programming background, those kind that got through university without giving much thought to few mandatory programming classes they had to take. They preferred robots, automation systems, electronics and so on. They don't want to dig into some god knows how convoluted python library just to check stability of a system they are about to design
they was a single package with enterprise level of support and that is tailored to their kind of work, without getting in the way
they don't care that some python library has transfer functions, they are content with matlab and its perfect for engineering packages

Matlab is written in C++ and C, it's not even something that you can classifie as a programming language.
Also it take some time to open because of the heavy libraries, execution is super fast and instantaneous.

And you’re unemployed. Go play with some gay onions language or boomer C which will be dead soon

No wonder it’s shit.

>auxiliary tool for various kinds of engineers that do not have programming background
Isn't that basically what python is?

How am I unemployed using Matlab? Matlab probably won't even be usable to you if someone else isn't paying.