Hey Any Forums

Hey Any Forums
Post something from your childhood that left an imprint on you. Good or bad, I don't care.
Only rule: No memories of anything anyone said. I'm not interested in your mum's good advice.
Image if possible.
I'll start: This book led me to develop a great interest in mechanics that has persisted to present day.

Attached: 1646567560959.jpg (383x475, 71.49K)

>willy werkel
lol
in Finland we call him Masa Mainio

What, I thought this guy was only a thing in scandinavia. Did you play the games? 10/10

Heh, I didn't know that either. Mainio = gorgeous? The german name "Werkel" is a trivialization of "work".
No, I didn't play the games. In fact I didn't know there were any. I'll have a look.

Attached: images (11).jpg (594x402, 48.67K)

Good taste OP. Mulle meck is a chad

Anything to add there? Did you become a race driver? Do you throw turtle shells at people you don't like? I asked for something that left an imprint, not your fav video game.

Ty

This album set the stage for me musically. First heard it when I was five or six years old, and immediately wanted more. Two years later, I arrived at Slayer, Exodus, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Dimmu Borgir and so on. That album also instilled a love for "exotic" sounding scales in me, to the point where Phrygian and such sound more normal to me than anything else.

Attached: R-423821-1466877566-7859.jpg (599x592, 188.75K)

Attached: images.jpg (276x183, 4.23K)

I was playing with sticks imagining they are swords in my grandpa's backyard. I was about 5 or 6. In meantime my grandpa and dad were renovating the shed, a lot of old planks lied around. I was using some smaller ones as swords/maces too. I was having a blast. The thing is done of those planks laying around had old nails pointing out. I stepped on one of them, felt sharp pain few seconds after with some delay. The thing is I didn't cry. I just sat on the ground, took off my shoe and already drenched in blood sock. I was in total awe looking at the hole in my foot, the nail pierced it from both sides. I was curious why I can't see through my feet. Anyway that was the moment when I realized I can actually die some day. I ran to my dad on one foot and asked if I run out of blood do I get to see mom again? She died when she was pregnant with my little sister. And uhh after that dad was worried I might try to kill myself. Was super awkward.

Attached: Fftbox.jpg (316x316, 45.41K)

slipped on a banana and became quadriplegic

Alright, alright, alright! I didn't even think about music when I opened this thread. Good shit.

Hmm, I don't remember anything that far down my past. I'm pretty sure that my 6 year old self wasn't aware of anything bad in the world.

Same story as OP, this book made me the mechanic I am today.
I was studying logistics when I found out this book at the bookcase, it was old and forgotten, this book made me pursue this career.

Attached: _fe4184dd4c1c8c55d13a5c3dcf3b2433e13701ff.jpg (240x360, 14.48K)

This book was a game changer. It got me interested in computers back in the early days and i started learning to program. Which taught me that the book was bullshit, but i stuck with it. Now I work as a coder and it's all right.

Attached: neorumancer.jpg (392x651, 56.87K)

Very nice! Although I guess that happened later in your life (while you were already studying). I myself didn't make a profession out of it. I studied computer science. Mechanics, or a general interest in how things work, has always been a hobby.

Ok, this looks pretty interesting. Is it still worth reading? I haven't read a non technical book in a long time. Also, what is your area of expertise, if you don't mind me asking?

Unfathomably underrated comment.

A mild chuckle, if any.

It's a good book. It's about a hacker who can plug his brain into computers instead of using the analog options. As to area of expertise, that changes a lot. I spent a lot of time working on game projects here and there and did a lot of systems work for dell when they still did help desk in the states. Lately I've been working on a messenger platform using hive blockchain.