Americans tech companies are hiring 70yos

Because all you know is python.

Attached: a.png (893x151, 149.21K)

The world is written with Fortran, COBOL, C , C++, Java, Ada and all you do is teach kids toy language Python.

>retired from oracle a few years ago
Sorry the current generation doesn't have 30+ years of experience? Maybe they could scrounge up some of it if you would stay retired or something I don't know.

exactly. these two posts detail exactly why OP's picrel is fucking retarded and the twitter poster should KTS.

must be great for him. what's the problem?

>Because all you know is python.
so what? there isn't a shortage of python jobs either.

How worthwhile is it to learn one of these old, obscure languages? I'm an accountant and I've always wondered if I'd make a bunch of money learning something like COBOL.

University education and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Because their systems are so out-of-date and it is cheaper to higher a boomer on his death bed than upgrade to a modern system.

That's kinda of a pretty good story.
There's hope for this industry.

Attached: compu-monke.jpg (2716x1246, 662.8K)

aaayyyyyyy
Python is fire yo
I jus wrote a program for-real
took me 13 dayz yo-all

listen to this ::

>405 lines of code!!!!!
405 lines of code!!!!!

Fucking ei! that shit is smash!

Attached: 1639825659393.jpg (1242x1516, 963.19K)

not in the uk where competent programmmers are spat on, their work destroyed
anyone decent will work to destroy these animals
british are a race of cowards, thieves, liars.

>go to bootcamp
Any Forums laughs
>learn python
Any Forums laughs
>make 6 figures in first tech job
Any Forums seethes

Attached: wagie.jpg (499x495, 56.41K)

Zoomers be like
>I only know how to use rice scripts, I got real adept at using them, I can even type these premade rice scripts by hand at this point, I think I "get" it.
>Hey what the fuck, what am I doing? Work? You're telling me that this is life now... I'm just supposed to... Work...? BRUH!

You will be in a situation where your competitors have more years of experience than you have been alive. It's pretty easy in theory but without experiencing literally nobody will hire you and it's impossible to acquire it because these people quit their jobs only when they die

>Learnt basics of Python using StackOverflow.
>Make 6 figures in a job where all I have to do is import numpy and pandas.

Seethe and dilate boomer, you can keep your secret club languages to yourself lmao.

Attached: 1965783594856.jpg (400x400, 23.74K)

>Americans tech companies are hiring 70yos
of course they do because zoomers don't even know what a file or a folder is lamo

that's a youtube comment you dummy

Does this mean fagman is really a fragile meme and we will be saved from their globohomo machine thanks to pythonista brainlets? So if we go around pillowing these old people we could collapse the whole thing?

Attached: 1615071728965.jpg (828x821, 52.7K)

Zoomer here. I have a full-time prolog job. This is an edge case.

Oh well I'm sure the Republicans value education and will fix that.

So hire people and train them.

Probably too expensive. You can teach any retard to program in any language. It just takes a couple weeks/months.

all the so-called competitors are dying our or retiring. and the brazilians and filipinos arent coming in fast enough, so the overall trend in mainframe tech stack jobs is declining. also there are many companies out there using COBOL as an intermediary language, not necessary a mainframe system that need developers.

> It's pretty easy in theory but without experiencing literally nobody will hire you and it's impossible to acquire it because these people quit their jobs only when they die

i got hired with zero experience in the field. they need people. you just gotta be able to learn a lot on the job. it's more or less "sink or swim". and most new hires leave these positions to find work in "newer" tech stacks

t. COBOL developer in his 20s