Mouse general, sort of

I feel bad making a thread for just this question so if you want to talk about mice this is the thread to do it in.

My beloved Mionix Naos 7000 is dying on me, it's scroll wheel button died ages ago and now the left click only clicks if I do it firmly.
So I want a replacement, ideally something of the same shape because I have big hands and this mouse is SO comfortable with it's elephant man growth where your ring finger and pinky go.
Naturally I had a look at Mionix' site and they have the Naos Pro and the Naos QG of the same shape.
The pro seems to be a new version of the mouse I used, so I probably couldn't go wrong with it, but it's also 70 EuroShekels.
Then there's also the QG, which seems to be the same Naos with some heart rate monitor going on for ebin game streamers, but it's also only 40 EuroShekels.
I'm leaning towards getting the QG and just never using the monitor because it's cheaper, either one's DPI is higher than the 7000's (and I don't even play much video games anymore) and they both have the same shape, which is what really matters.

Does anyone have either mice and can recommend?
Are there any other mice with a similar shape I should consider?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse.910-002864.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thats a nice mouse user

2022 mouse design is basically "let's drill holes in our mice because gaymurz can't lift 100 grams off a table". If you like the shape of your Naos, it would probably be best to stick to it. It goes against the grain with that extra large and heavy shape and there aren't many like it left on the market.

Alternately, you could in whatever retail tech store you can find near you and try some new shapes.

I love my Naos 7000 but I can't find anything similar to it from a reputable brand. I once bought a Trust gxt130 which felt comfortable but its base was warped, it wobbled like a table with uneven legs.

100 grams is unjustifiably heavy for a mouse regardless, though.

Ye had/still have a mionix naos 7000 & a castor.

Loved them, but had small issues over time. Rubber coating started to deteriorate, middle mouse button died on both, and the LEDs started dying.

Ended up picking up a cheap Logitech G203 and has been great, Mouse has a greater tactile click than the Mionix and have been happy.

Go Naos Pro, you know you'll be happy with it.

Thank you, it's a shame I need to take it to the vet and euthanize it.
I don't think that's true, you still have plenty of contemporary mice that aren't nonsense.
Obviously outside of the GAMING market you have good stuff that don't look like ass like the Logitech MX master 3 (which I also have!) and even within that market you still have things that aren't offensive nonsense like Naos and even the occasional razer.
>it would probably be best to stick to it.
Shit, I would, but it's dying after four and a half years of a LOT of use.
I'd buy another 7000 but it doesn't look like they sell them anymore.
That's why I'm leaning towards the QG gimmick machine.
From what I've read it's basically a 7000 but with the heart rate monitor, and I guess they sold poorly because I found one on Amazon for 60 American Fahrenheits with free shipping, which is IIRC half of what they originally asked for it.
Somehow the middle mouse button is the first thing to die on any mouse I use regardless of brand.
Am I just using it more than most people? I do use it a lot to open and close new tabs.
But it costs more than the QG and at first glance the only thing it has going for it compared to it is higher DPI which frankly I don't care that much about because I don't play video games where that matters anymore.
Plus the 7000 served me very well and they're both better (with the pro being more-better-er) so I can't imagine going wrong with either.

Attached: 79f3f7cb-40c5-4761-816b-deaf3109ad95.jpg (600x340, 20.21K)

Early 2000s mouse design is peak large mouse shape design, a lot of R&D budget went into ergonomic research, as these would be the first mass market mice with optical sensors, still very new and novel technology at that time.

From these labors you got such classics as the Intellimouse Explorer (IE) 3.0, 1.1, and WMO (wheel mouse optical) - all GOATED shapes for medium/large hands, a boomer's delight. These all released around the OG duke xbox controller period, microsoft was balls deep in the BIG AMERICA energy of the early 2000s, everything was just BIGGER back then.

Flash forward to 2022, for big mouse boomers out there.. there are actually pretty good options now:

Intellimouse Pro - Microsoft's modern re-release of the IE 3.0, updated sensor and switches... is actually a few grams heavier than the original.
Ninjutso Katana Superlight - 60g wireless lightweight clone of the IE 1.1
Gamesense MVP Wireless - 75g wireless clone of the WMO

Attached: boom.jpg (1600x1600, 478.42K)

And you're justifiably a weak-ass manlet

>Obviously outside of the GAMING market you have good stuff that don't look like ass like the Logitech MX master 3 (which I also have!)
It's decent, but, personally, I'm sensitive to latency.
>even the occasional razer.
I'd rather play FPS on an Apple trackpad than deal with Razer's warranty and software
>it would probably be best to stick to it.
>Shit, I would, but it's dying after four and a half years of a LOT of use.
I meant stick you should stick to the Naos series. You probably won't find another model with that shape.
>they sold poorly because I found one on Amazon for 60 American Fahrenheits with free shipping, which is IIRC half of what they originally asked for it.
Good mice have gotten cheap. A Logitech g502, which is a perfectly good wired mouse, is like 40$ now. For 120$ you can find even "superlight" meme wireless mice.

AAAAAAAAAAA
THEY'RE ALL TRASH

my A4tech 7300N broke after years of use and everyone is out of stock
bought about 100$ worth of replacements and each is worse than the last

Attached: 123 unnamed.jpg (900x900, 66.3K)

Pulsefire FPS Pro

Just buy a viper mini

I just returned the MX Master 3S, since the rubber started to peel from only a few hours of use. The hump on the back also feels awkward as fuck, it felt like I was holding a buttplug.

Logitech G600 my nigger I've used mine for years and I love it
It's big and meaty and the macros on the side are really nice. Has a little ring finger indent which is a button that you can hold down to change the function of your macros. Also pretty cheap
logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse.910-002864.html

Older Logi mice are pretty good especially ones without the shitty rubber that just wears down incredibly fast. My G900 lasted 7 years and I'm only replacing it because I lost all of its buttons and weights. Now Logitech has embraced the shitty rubber that looks like trash after a few months on all of their mice.

Attached: 1.png (640x853, 569.27K)

>125hz polling rate
i can FEEL it - fucking unacceptable`

i bought an m702 marathon mouse in like 2008 and used it for pretty much ten years straight until the rubber started peeling off. the whole '3 years of battery life' was not a lie, i think i only replaced them 3 times.

i replaced it with one of those proteus gaming mice i bought at a garage sale for $5. the rubber was already peeling off of it but you can just scrape it off and still use the mouse unlike the marathon mouse. the middle mouse click broke but i just replaced it with one of the side wheel clicks and i've been doing that for like four years

if i were to go out and buy a new mouse they would literally be the exact same mouse, with probably worse switches because these are both legitimately over 10 years old. if it was at least a different model of mouse i could pretend that i was buying an upgrade

I went through around 3 mice to replace my G900(still works perfect, just lost the weights/side buttons) before ended up with this I really like it.

First choice: Basilisk X $35, overall a very good mouse with good tracking and ergos. My only gripe was I don't see myself constantly buying batteries for it.

2nd choice: G604 $60 since I sometimes play FFXIV, returned it since I haven't touched that shit since Endwalker. Still a pretty good mouse but the rubber feels like it started to melt in my hands and I keep accidentally pushing the side buttons. The clicks feel super mushy as well.

3rd choice: MX Master 3S $100 hated everything about this thing. It also feels like Logitech made this thing to look like ass in 6 months forcing you to buy a new one; I can already feel the rubber casing start to wear. The buttons started to get shiny after a day of use.

Final choice: Viper Ultimate $60, overall very nice feeling clicks. Rubber side feels nice but it too feel like it is beginning to wear after a few days. Same goes for the button, luckily there is a ton of aftermarket parts for this thing. The reason I decided to keep it is because the battery life, tracking and overall build quality matches my needs.

Attached: IMG_0538.jpg (4031x2769, 1.41M)

I did it, I bit the bullet and bought the QG.
Hopefully other than the heart rate monitor it's the same as my Naos 7000 my it RIP soon.

The only mice that has a similiar shape is:
Naos 7000
Naos QG
Naos Pro
Steelseries Ikari
Qpad 8k

The shape is actually patented, I can't remember who it was though.
I've bothered SS 2 times now to rework their Ikari, since it was the one that made me fall inlove with the ultra comfy palm grip shape.
No luck...
Mionix is the only one that keeps the shape alive with decent sensors.
So freaking annoying that the coating they do is so fucking bad, at least a ton of grease erodes the coating and gives it at least some form of grip.
That said, I did enjoy my QG, stupid heart monitor, disabled right when I got it, but they have notoriously bad buttons, which would become the end of mine.
Now I have the Naos Pro, still FUCKING STUPID COATING, but at least the buttons have been improved slightly, and a slightly more updated sensor.

>but they have notoriously bad buttons, which would become the end of mine.
In what way? I just ordered a QG, should I cancel the order while I still can?

There's also DM2 Comfy S*