Why can't HP centralize the touchpad?

Why can't HP centralize the touchpad?

Attached: hp dev one.png (1006x835, 520.79K)

fuck touch pads. they suck the nipple on a think pad was based. it should be everywhere

>was
Still is, I use a thinkpad x1 Carbon gen 8

I think they don't want to

Touchpads are trash when compared to a real mouse, but the nipple is even worse. Nobody actually uses it.

Touchpad is centered to the keyboard. You should be asking why the keyboard is offset.

>nipple is even worse
tell me how to move mouse from side to side and then up to down on my display without lifting my finger any time
oh, you cant because it can only go half of that

dont care, nav cluster on the right side is gigabased

the trackpoint buttons (the ones above the touchpad) need to be below the trackpoint nub, its basically a problem of where should the nub be blaced

to make a counterpoint, tell me how to press the middle mouse button if the middle mouse button doesnt exist in this specific example at least

in linux mouse1+mouse2=mouse3 aka middle button

Not a problem on my 16" MacBook Pro ;)

Elitebooks have the same keyboard (actually dev one^tm is simply last gen elitebook with updated processor), and you press the middle mouse button by pressing the clickpad at the bottom center. Probably the case here as well
Shitty workaround, but it's not nonexistent.

oh thats neat, though i think its gonna force you to use the trackpoint with both hands on the laptop

Because it has to be centered below the trackpoint, which goes between G, H and B.

This is the correct placement for the touchpad, idiot. When you put your index fingers on F and J and rest your palms on the palmrest area you'll notice that the touchpad is symmetrical and equally under both your palms. It's also symmetrical to the spacebar. Having it offcentered from the keyboard and centered around the full body like Apple does is retarded and feels horrible. It's only good for their promo pictures, users don't matter.

The trackpoint has horrible precision, speed and accuracy. The supposed advantage of not moving your hand is not worth it.

Haven't tried HP trackpoints but Lenovo works fine. For some tasks a trackpoint is infinitely better than a touchpad no matter how big it would be, because a touchpad still has a finite area to work with. With a trackpoint you can go into one direction endlessly. I have personally needed that feature multiple times. Not that user btw.

On my laptop it's centered.

Attached: IMG20220617123703.jpg (4080x3072, 2.55M)

It's aligned to the center of your hands when they are in writing-mode (index fingers on F and J).
Notice how it beautifully aligns to the nipple.

You can probably hit both with your thumb at the same time but i haven't tried the hp nub yet.

>HP

puke.jpg