Change my mind

Linux mint 20 is better than Windows 10/11

Attached: cinnamon.png (1920x1200, 772.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theinvisiblethings.blogspot.com/2011/04/linux-security-circus-on-gui-isolation.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>same level of actual usability as all other Linux distros (none)
Yeah nah, it's shit. Linux peaked at Debian and at least they don't attempt to market themselves as actual daily use OS. They know their place as a server OS, nothing more.

It hasn't even surpassed Windows 98 yet

Attached: win98filepicker.png (440x495, 124.26K)

Just buy a mac

X is insecure, wayland is broken, systemd is shit, runit/openRC is dated. GTK is made by retards. QT is full of bugs. You have no escape but apple.

another bot thread

I'm not a fan of Debian or Cinnamon, but I do think Mint is a great starting choice for Linux beginners, second only to Arch Linux. One major thing I like about them is that they are apparently anti-semetic.

>X is insecure
Not actually true. This is just bullshit pedaled by Wayland trannies.
>Wayland is broken
Understatement.
>systemd is shit
No it isn't. Just because it's monolithic does not mean it's bad. It works well and gets the job done. Unix philosophy fags can cry me a river.
>runit/openRC is dated.
But they work perfectly fine. They're missing some features here and there, but function well for the most part.
>GTK is made by retards.
I just think it's ugly.
>QT is full of bugs
Works on my machine?
>You have no escape but apple.
Apple is unironically worse than Windows.

nice wallpaper, does it come in mens?

Can I center the window list?
Does the menu still pause for a split second on switching categories because fuck UX?
Is it still based on an old version of Gnome so Wayland and a heap of performance improvements are nonexistent?
Do they still fuck up updates because builds are hard? I remember one Cinnamon update was broken because they weren't using a build server or isolated builds and it picked up on Clem's local novideo drivers as dependencies.

>Responding to Mac baiting
Come on bro. They've been coping over the sticky for years. Macfags are eternally BTFO. They know it

Just use LTSC

Attached: LTSB.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

If you can do what ever the fuck it is you want to do on linux then its better then windows, if not tuff shit

>no GUI isolation
>no no goy it's super ((((((((secure))))))))
theinvisiblethings.blogspot.com/2011/04/linux-security-circus-on-gui-isolation.html

Attached: b9d.png (610x613, 106.84K)

>>no GUI isolation
What are you doing on Linux?

?

It's like saying that having a migrane headache is better than having your legs broken. Just install Gentoo, fag.
Get the fuck out my Any Forums, fags.
>Not actually true. This is just bullshit pedaled by Wayland trannies.
It's technically true, but Wayland trannies think that Wayland is more secure, which it isn't in practice. Wayland is just as bad. But X on Linux is still more secure than any closed-source OS.
>Understatement
True. Nothing works on Wayland.
>No it isn't. Just because it's monolithic does not mean it's bad. It works well and gets the job done. Unix philosophy fags can cry me a river.
The real problem is its insecurity and the fact that it can't be audited faster than it's developed, and some of the main contributors are the U.S. government. I'm a Unix philosophy fag, but I'll admit that systemd works well. I just wouldn't trust it for anything that I expect to be protected against the glowies.
>But they work perfectly fine. They're missing some features here and there, but function well for the most part.
What are they missing? The only thing I've encountered is that OpenRC sometimes takes forever to shut down services that don't want to listen to it for whatever reason, and starting services in parallel as the computer starts can sometimes be slower depending.
>I just think it's ugly.
Good thing we can customize anything and everything we like.
>Works on my machine?
Same.
>Apple is unironically worse than Windows.
At least Apple is a Unix, but yeah, doesn't have much going for it.

>It's technically true, but Wayland trannies think that Wayland is more secure, which it isn't in practice. Wayland is just as bad. But X on Linux is still more secure than any closed-source OS.
That's not correct, Windows (since Vista), MacOS, and Wayland support GUI isolation. "Open-source" doesn't have any effects on your privacy and security
>True. Nothing works on Wayland.
Works on my machine

>That's not correct, Windows (since Vista), MacOS, and Wayland support GUI isolation. "Open-source" doesn't have any effects on your privacy and security
In theory, yes. In practice, it can easily be worked around on any of those OSs, and no major Wayland implementation in any major distro actually takes advantage of this.
>Works on my machine
Okay, boomer. Enjoy your office software and web browsers; those should work fine.

most disgusting pic i've ever seen

I hope you're running LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition), user.

>In theory, yes. In practice, it can easily be worked around on any of those OSs, and no major Wayland implementation in any major distro actually takes advantage of this.
Better than nothing
>Okay, boomer. Enjoy your office software and web browsers; those should work fine.
Name a software that doesn't work properly with Wayland