Why are spellcheckers so bad?

Why are spellcheckers so bad?
Half of the time I have to add it to the dictionary
Sometimes it expects capitalized versions
Sometimes it doesn't even recognize a common word
Should I use one of those pozzed spellcheckers that get shilled?
* adds pozzed to the dictionary *

Attached: thursday.jpg (554x167, 14.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trevorklee.substack.com/p/why-im-now-making-drugs-for-cats?s=r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because Thursday is a proper noun you fuckwit

english is so retarded. real languages don't treat weekdays as proper nouns

then use your real language then

Nobody is capitalizing week days except on formal documents

No one cares except for dried up old hags and fags. Weekdays should not be proper nouns. I saw people capitalizing "god" lately. Isn't that like capitalizing "floor"? Okay bud you only have one floor but that does not make it Floor that makes it "my floor".

>using spellcheckers
>ever
fucking zoomer read a goddamn book holy shit

Attached: EDE966AB-10B3-48FE-8CFA-36ADD8CF8E7F.jpg (601x600, 165.22K)

Which book?

There is a difference between god and God
You should spend less time whining and more time reading

Attached: file.png (728x457, 576.88K)

>I consulted the computer for advice on writing English
>It gave me advice on writing English that I don't understand due to leaving school at 11 years old
>I am now angry

Great, now it's suggesting "Any Forums listen"

Attached: glisten.jpg (427x148, 14.37K)

thas howe yiew kno yiew speled theh werd corectly. Theh rede liene meens theh speling wahs verrified.

Attached: 1621435213129.png (1110x405, 1.05M)

English
It's Thursday.

based cat
tell your owner to read this trevorklee.substack.com/p/why-im-now-making-drugs-for-cats?s=r

You'll love German. Every noun is capitalized.

Basic spellcheckers only check basic spelling and grammr, and do not consider the sentance as a whole, for the most part.
Many modern spellcheckers try to be a little smarter and will look at all the text typed thus far (usually only in a given paragraph, usually denoted by newlines) to provide corrections.

I never trust a machine (and likewise, another person) to get English grammar correct, as grammatically correct syntax can have multiple choices in a given sentence, depending on context and other things. Many times the obviously correct syntax isn't the one I desire, either for emphasis/tone, or purely for style. English has a lot of flexability like that and, ultimately, allows for many perceived incorrect syntaxes that still convey the required meaning. "Me and Him", and "He and I" both convey the meaning and, depending on who you'd like to emphasise, can both be used by a perfectly fluent speaker without any erroneous inferrance; the meanings are the same, whether correct or not. The goal of language, and English specifically, is to convey menaings not precisely (although they can), but adequately such that one can make themselves understood without a great deal of effort. If you aren't grammatically correct, but the meaning is still clear, then who gives a shit? There are many grammatically correct sentances that a fluent speaker would have trouble deciphering, the classic example of which contains exclusively the word "buffalo" half a dozen times.

If I need to check the spelling of a word, I usually use voice typing if on mobile, or some major search engine on a desktop. There are many such English words with confusing spelling, due to having been originally non-english adoptions.

tl;dr grammar don't matter if u get what I mean desu

These are all considered errors
>combinatorial
>polytope
>equalities
>invariants
>feasiblity
>infeasibility
>reachability
>undirected
>acyclic
>optimality
>polynomially
>desaturate

Attached: true.jpg (262x345, 21.42K)

Weekdays are not proper nouns
Neither is "god".

I will not honor european paganism or middle eastern ex-pagan nonsense through linguisitic bullshit.

>>feasiblity
Are you retarded?
Polytope is the only word vim didn't recognize.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-06-17 09-43-50.png (691x614, 52.31K)

Maybe don't use a spell checker? They shouldn't exist anyway since they allow retards to partake in conversations. Learn2write

What dictionary are you using?

I see you don't honor europe or the middle east either. Personally I only capitalized America. Everything else is a non-place. You want me to capitalize "asia"? Do you also want me to capitalize "bathroom"?

Whatever came with dnf install vim