How the fuck do I get this lit? Every time I light it, it pours smoke into the room and barely goes up the chimney

How the fuck do I get this lit? Every time I light it, it pours smoke into the room and barely goes up the chimney.

Attached: 359ba7b480e8a13fea060665d52a3b97.jpg (1936x2592, 1.96M)

you didnt open the air lit, its most of the time a bit abov the fireplace itself on the black tube (or the handle on the top right)

Is it connected to a chimney?

The damper is closed. Open it.

show me your wood. I've been lighting fires lately. Either your wood is too wet or you got too much tinder under there.

search how to use wood stove on google. i know you can since you got this on google images

Make a small fire to get the air inside the chimney hot.
After a few minutes there should be enough of a draft to add more fuel.
Cold air sinks down the chimney thats why your getting smoked.

There's nothing there on the tube, this is just a google photo, but I have the same "solid fuel burning space heater."

Yes.

There is no damper for the chimney, the one for the stove is open.

I bought store bought wood just in case it was the wood I already had. Same problem.

Thanks fuckface.

There should a be a draft somewhere along the side or bottom. If not, keep the ash track cracked. Set the flue *half open* to start with, then build your rack. Light the tinder and close the door but dont latch it. There will be *some* smoke, don't be a pussy. When it's going pretty hard, toss on a log or two, then close the door and latch it. Check the logs in a few minutes. When the logs are abour half burned, toss on one more, close the draft/ ash tray, but not all the way, you still need air draw from under the fire. If you want it to get hot really fast, open the flue all the way. If you want the fire to burn slow and keep the house warm all night, close the flue 75%.
Don't turn the flue all the way, or your fire is gonna choke itself to death.

OP here.

This is what I was thinking, but I didn't understand how to go about it. I will try with a small fire, but I don't really have much to do so apart from fatwood.

post picture of it open so I can see what's in there.

Looks like this inside. I just removed the wood.

Attached: IMG_5418.jpg (2016x1512, 868.79K)

fuck where is the smoke supposed to go? I see no exit for the smoke? I know the stove has a tube going up but how does the smoke get to it? I would think that's why the smoke isn't exiting up it.

Very first time I lit my chimney I had the same problem and my house got full of smoke. I don't know what I was doing now but after experience that doesn't happen anymore.

Yeah man, I'm completely fucking clueless here lol. Thanks for the help anyway.

+ELECTROCONVULSOR+ +RAPE DICK+

Take a page of newspaper, crinkle it a bit, light it on fire and put it in there right next to a chimney hole. If you have draft, it's gonna "whoosh" into the chimney, heat up the air in there a little and kind of "prime" the draft for the real fire. That's when you can light whatever you're about to burn. I also never use any lighter fluids or anything like that. Just coarse newspaper, fine wooden splinters and progressively larger pieces of wood.

t.: I'm eastern Euro from a village with no gasline.

this guy knows what's up. protip: if it doesn't "whoosh" into the chimney the fucking draft isn't open.

user, A. have you checked the chimney personally?
B. How long since it's been used regularly?
If the answer to B is either a long time or don't know, then you need to A. before lighting a fire. Unless you are trying to test all your smoke detectors and the 911 response time, then you're cool.

The chimney is blocked you fucking moron.

Make sure bottom fire vent is open, close top vent if you have one until good burn starts.
Ensure any chimney choke is open.
Metal top plate inside has a gap to let smoke and exhaust pass, normally at the front.
Lay some logs, put kindling on top and use fire lighter or crushed paper to get kindling going.
Heat from kindling gets metal plate hot and starts updraft through chimney.
Kindling normally then lights logs underneath and gets proper fire going.
I use mixed fuels (coal and logs) on mine and this always works best on a cold fire.
Back draft from wind often blows smoke back in if top vent opened to soon

>fuck where is the smoke supposed to go?
On this design the smoke exits around the edges of the upper metal plate seen in the picrel.