/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

>Read the sticky:

>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >Apple questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap, laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones >How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread

Attached: unknown.png (590x590, 284.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-VENGEANCE-Series-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9050029-NA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not stupid but my questions are?

I want to get an e-reader for reading manga but nothing has a big enough capacity. Berserk is already 20 gigs and a lot of e-readers have a capacity of 8 gigabytes. The Kobo Forma has an option for 32 gigabytes, but that'll leave me with basically nothing.
Are there any good 227+ PPI e-readers with a screen of at least 8 inches and support for external SD cards?
Alternatively, how does wifi syncing work with e-readers? Does it let me just read everything from the cloud or do I have to download it onto my e-reader?
What the hell is OTG?

those aren't mutually exclusive you know

>What the hell is OTG?
USB-C disk drives that expand the storage of a mobile device.

>Are there any good...
none that i'm aware of, sorry
>how does wifi syncing work with e-readers?
works fine. all my comics are hosted on my server and i just read them in tachiyomi. you don't have to download anything, all i have downloaded are actual books.
>OTG
makes your ereader (or phone or w/e) into a host device rather than a client device.

Putting the full quality version of manga on an ereader is a waste of space. Scale down to the native res and bit depth of the eink screen and filesize will be much smaller, it'll load faster, and it won't look any worse. Kindle Comic Converter does a great job in my experience.

Should I ask about PC buying (not building) in here or in /pcbg/ ?

Why not both?

is there a monkey script to make youtube lighter
also to always have auto play turned off. fuck that thing.

Sony or InkPad, but they cost as much as good OLED tablets.

ok, here goes

I need a new PC and don't know what to get. Building isn't really feasible for me.
I'm not tech savvy at all and you're going to have to talk to me like i'm a stupid child.
Mine just turned 10 years old and the only thing I've done to it is change the video card about 3 or 4 years ago. I like to game sometimes, but usually not the hottest, newest games (but maybe I would if I had a new PC). I spend a lot of time surfing the web, looking at maps, listening to music, etc. Nothing too demanding, I don't think. I tend to want to buy more than I need when I'm looking at somewhat big purchases because I'm afraid of having "not enough". Are there any "sure bet" brands I should be checking out, or even specific recommendations? Trying to stay below $2500. Thanks.

Learn to build it yourself it's not hard. If you're spending that much then it's not a good use of your money.

I really don't have the time or interest to learn to build one. Especially because I tend to want to learn everything and then obsess over every last detail. I don't have the bandwidth for that right now. I'd rather just make one purchase and be done.

corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-VENGEANCE-Series-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9050029-NA
comes with a 2 year warranty. price is pretty fair for what you're getting. if you built it yourself you'd pay roughly $2000 for parts alone, so not a total ripoff.

Does anyone have experience with Motorola's Gestures? They're my favorite thing about the phone but on my G7 Play they stopped working a couple weeks ago. Now to enable them I have to go to the Moto app, turn them off, and turn them back on again, but they only work for a little while and usually the next time I turn on my phone they've stopped. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Neat, thanks user. I like Corsair because their name reminds me of pirates and also the planes. And I have a couple of their products and they seem cool.

When things say they're liquid cooled, does that require setup and maintenance or is it pretty self-contained?

it's all self contained. very unlikely that maintenance will be needed during the lifespan of the pc

>Scale down to the native res and bit depth of the eink screen
how would I do that with KCC? all I see is resolution and gamma, and there's no preset for my e-reader anyway.

what is best email client for Android?

you just need to pick an ereader with the same screen as yours. which one do you have?

Kobo Clara HD
for curiosity's sake, is there an option equivalent to the Kobo Sage?

clara HD = kindle paperwhite 3/4
kobo sage = kobo forma
just look up the specs and find an equivalent. not complex

I need to check how much traffic a website has had in a months time but im not the owner of the website. How do I do this?