/tjg/ - Tech Jobs General

Workplace stories. Advice on how to progress in your career. Ask and give help on HOW TO GET A JOB. Discuss the technologies you use.
Making fun of NEETs is allowed and encouraged.

Resources:
leetcode.com/problemset/all/
novoresume.com/career-blog/star-interview-questions
blog.interviewing.io/
fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/
codesubmit.io/blog/the-evolution-of-developer-salaries/
layoffs.fyi/

Last thread

Attached: always-blue-gif-cropped.gif (200x219, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/vcsonp/my_friend_did_a_single_30_minute_meeting_with_a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are we at habbedig levels of layoffs yet?

Attached: 1545940299635.jpg (207x244, 12.28K)

Yes. When the big guys are freezing hiring wholesale as they're doing, shit's fucked. Now it's just dominoes.

bout to get promoted to senior. feels good man.

Amazon interview in 12 hours. I don't even want to do it anymore after reading this LP stuff. Why can't it just be a normal behavioral?

which business unit

been a neet for 4ish years after working 1 year as a "database administrator". shit was soulcrushing and felt like adult kindergarden, realized how bs lots of jobs are and didnt see the value in wasting my life away just to "gather years" of experience working bullshit.

how do people do it? I did make a little money off crypto but I am very bored throughout my days and wonder what is there to do in life

any advice boys

aws ai

cool man, gl

thanks amazon is my plan c or d if I don't pass some other companies but amazon seems like it has the most difficult process

fwiw compared to the other big tech co's i get the sense from blind that amazon is actually the easiest. not sure about AWS AI specifically though

make some friends to pass the time, days alone are boring less boring when ur doing it with other people

havent made any friends since highschool, was getting pretty lonely so thinking about getting a gf but I am so out of the loop I have no idea how people meet in 2022.

protip: meeting friends is easier than meeting a single person who can be both your good friend and lover in such short notice

idk about other faangs but im waiting to hear back from cruise and another start up, and already got an offer for cloud development. cruise is my 1st choice.

cruise (190k) > startup2 (160k) > cloud (140k) > amazon (180k) > cloud (120k)

trying to negotiate cloud dev higher

making friends as an adult is hard but best way is to get evolved with people with the same interests as you either online or irl

Try being on the side of performing the AWS interview loops.
I sit thru like 6 a week. It's pretty draining

get a roommate who seems like he'll be cool

do you know if some teams have harder interviews? I passed all cases on my oa but got 3x45 and I'm reading new grads are getting 1x30. this probably means I screwed up the LP oa

if you go into trading you can get 300-450k

You are expected to be better than 50% of the existing staff at your level to be hired. If you are in a more technical or difficult business unit, it will naturally be harder to get in.
Interviews are conducted using 5 people, of which the only one from your team is the hiring manager. The rest are there for an unbiased opinion
Read up on Amazon leadership principles and really push examples which exemplify them

i got invites from 2sigma, jane street, and akuna, but the process sounds daunting especially when they have olympiads plastered all over the career page

>got 3x45 and I'm reading new grads are getting 1x30.
Also, I have no idea what this means

You guys sound smart

new grads have either three 45 minute LP/LC rounds or one 30 minute "make sure you didn't cheat on the OA round"
>inb4 go back
reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/vcsonp/my_friend_did_a_single_30_minute_meeting_with_a/

Oh. No, 4-5 rounds of 45 is normal.
Never heard of a single 30 for anyone who is interviewing to be an engineer at aws

>inb4 go back
This but unironically if you believe everything posted on reddit

I think they changed it up a year ago. maybe bad attrition over at amazon. But there is a lot of 30min interview experiences on reddit and blind. Maybe it's amazon retail though? not sure.