Go away for a month cause trip

>go away for a month cause trip
>little brother asks to let him play on my PC while I'm gone
>mother insists
>fine
>come back
>realize there's a fuckton of shit missing in my hdd
>i start screaming at my brother asking what the fuck he had done
>so basically he watched some shitty tutorials ended up formatting my hard drive trying to "optimize" his performance in game
>tried to cover up by installing stuff

I wouldn't care if it was just games or old work files, but in that hard drive had music I was working on and I cared deeply about that shit. For some reason it the cloud didn't save it.

I found a program that restored some of the project files but I got to pay a ton of money to be able to have them again. Help me bros, please.

Attached: 558832.jpg (934x727, 235.76K)

Should've locked the files, or better yet put them on a flash drive.

Nothing to help, next time use backups and/or use linux so your stupid brother can't figure out how to use the computer in the first place

Tell his mother so that he never plays PC games ever again

You have to be 18 to post here bucko.

Take a forensic image of the drive and run it though whatever you can get your hands on. Maybe a FTK and Autopsy workflow. Shame he wrote stuff on top of it. Probably could have recovered most of it if he hadn't. When people borrow my computer they bring their own drives

let this be a lesson user
backup your foot pics
no one touches your pc no matter what
use loonix to confuse normies

Yeah move on it happens

this /thread

>has to listen to mommy when the baby bro says it's his turn to play on the computer
Nothing you lost was of any importance, kiddo. You'll get over it and forget all about it when you're older.

Lol get REKT son!

It's not like she ordered me to, I gave in because I didn't know he would fucking destroy my things.

/thread

You're retarded then.

Use photorec to restore deleted files. its foss

You should have locked your bios and created a separate user for him to use that would only have user level permissions. Then he couldn't have formated your drive.

>he watched some shitty tutorials ended up formatting my hard drive trying to "optimize" his performance in game
kek, gottem

Should've replaced your drive with another one so your brother could fuck that one instead.

Let this be a lesson to back up your data.

You should always back up your shit but the lesson you should get from this is to never let random retards touch your computer unless you swap the drive(s) or letting them use an alternate OS install while the main one is encrypted, even if he hadn't deleted it all he could've easily installed malware that steals passwords or whatever

Yes
Hopefully it will work, I just want to save like 10 files.
I used to let him play before, he never fucked with my settings or anything outside the games. Also I just have 1 drive and 1 ssd, yeah I'm poor.
I did, I recovered a lot of files thanks to Google Drive but it didn't synchronize all the folders inside the backup one.

And yeah it's a lesson for me to be more careful. This is the first time I cared about something in my PC, if this happened a while back I wouldn't give a fuck, but now I have this producing hobby and losing most of the stuff I worked on hurts. Totally my fault though.