Are there any LCD/OLED displays with rounded pixels?

If someone managed to create an oled display with rounded pixels. Wouldn't it be far superior than the best CRT ever?

Attached: CRT_pixel_array.jpg (2000x960, 484.79K)

The worst LCD is lighter and gives off less ionizing radiation than the best CRT.

>gives off less ionizing radiation
Irrelevant, that won't stop the 5G tower outside your window.

Why would you reduce your active area and light output by using circles (which leave massive gaps between) versus squares/rectangles (which can pack much tighter)?

It would be quite a shame...

Attached: hand-holding-magnet.jpg (580x340, 13.82K)

No. your pic is bullshit. the left is trinitron. the right is shadow mask. trinitron is far superior.
circles reduce active area like other user said.
if anything, something like hexagonal would be bretty gud

Retard here, could they make a digital display that has the same effect/look as CRTs? Like a CRT but removing glass, phosphors, and electron guns from the equation? Or is that what OLEDs basically are

Go learn how display technologies work you utter fucking retard.

3/10 made me reply

>Presses degauss button
>Braaaannnk
>Screen violently shakes and all the lights in the house dims for a second
>sceeen shaking slowly slows down
>click
>Problem solved

Hexagons are the most efficient.

Attached: 3gcDE.jpg (360x298, 26.48K)

I dunno, I have a dell 2407wfp and every time I turn it on, my tv antennae 8ft away loses reception.

sorry to be pedantic but your image those are not pixels

Attached: 1550210643789.jpg (440x406, 72.1K)

>Wouldn't it be far superior than the best CRT ever?
Not until they fix motion blur.

Attached: 1655457619546.png (1652x640, 1.03M)

>the left is trinitron
No it isn't, it's a slot mask.

trinitrons have vertical stripes that go the full length of the screen, this is a slot mask most commonly used in televisions

the motion blur is more realistic.

Attached: .png (282x289, 7.12K)

sex with Saten Ryuiko

Wrong, your eyes are remarkably good at tracking objects, and tracked object are not blurred. Except on LCD/OLED monitors.

I can't into geometry, the low IQ thread

I think dot lcd are/were commonly used for camera viewfinders

The premise of dot crt is that it gets sweeped over by the electron beam, electrons being finer than the phosphors meant that dots can and do get partially illuminated. obviously oled wouldn't have that

>trinitron is far superior.
It's not. At first when it was introduced, it indeed btfo'd shadow masks. Later on, shadow masks advanced enough to be on par with the aperture grille. At that point it was more of a preference.
t. has a CRT monitor with a Hitachi shadow mask tube