My iPhone 8 still works fine for what it is but the battery is a little wonky...

My iPhone 8 still works fine for what it is but the battery is a little wonky. Is there anything (in the iPhone family) even worth upgrading to? Or should I just tough it out until the iPhone 14?

Attached: 772C998D-7F73-4DAF-9E3B-C346F6B1A03D.jpg (800x800, 35.21K)

Kill yourself

Just get the next SE and keep using SEs for the rest of your life.
That is what I would do If were you.
But since I'm myself I use android.

when did Any Forums become the itoddler help desk

since before you started using it

I have an se(2016) but the battery is going to shit
Are ifixit batteries good?

Do people still hate iPhones? It always reminds me of some fedora wearing elitist when I see people cry about Apple. It’s hating something to replace a lack of personality. Who gives a shit? iOS is unironically so much better and more optimized than whatever shit Android pushes out. Plus the uniformity of it all if you run into any issues is miles better than havin a gorillion different models like Android.

Cry about it.

Yeah, they're good. Never let your battery go below 20% or above 80%, never let it get too hot (e.g. by wireless charging or extreme fast charging) and your battery won't be going to shit as soon anymore.

I’m OP. Like I said in the post my battery is a bit wonky (dies fast-ish, has problems charging sometimes) but my capacity says 84%. It seems like a fairly reasonable health for a 2017 phone. Do you think I should change it or what? Now that I’m typing this I realize my charging cable might be fucked.

Attached: 51AC8DEE-6FC0-4AA1-8BC9-70B281A2A581.jpg (750x1041, 150.33K)

iPhones are only good so femoids think you're neurotypical.

I like buying cheap android phones because I dont need the newest iSlut emoji upgrade for 1100 dollars

iPhone 14 is rumored to have AoD so I’d wait, but the 13 is solid because they finally gave it 144hz

Um… user????

Attached: 1649780292450.jpg (1284x1588, 261.44K)

As an iPhone-only user up until a while ago, I'm currently playing with Android on a Pixel out of curiosity and it does have both it's benefits and cons:
+ easy sideloading / 3rd party stores (I hope the EU forces iOS to enable this too)
+ no telemetry with GrapheneOS
+ easy transfer of files via USB
+ you can set up any app as default (instead of just Browser and Mail)
+ split view (like on iPad OS, but vertical)

- apps just aren't as good as on iOS -> worst aspect IMO
- no click to top (unless there is an app for that I don't know about)
- worse backups
- looks worse (subjective)
- no smaller phones (although that's a hardware thing)

Change your cable first if you think that would help, but it still could be a battery problem, I have one that dies on me when it's slightly cold, even though it's not below 80% and reportedly still having peak performance.

>I’m OP. Like I said in the post my battery is a bit wonky (dies fast-ish, has problems charging sometimes) but my capacity says 84%.
Completely discharge and then recharge the battery. The phone doesn't really know how much charge it has left, it just estimates. And if it never sees a complete discharge it will underestimate its total capacity. Don't do this more than a couple times a year, and only if you notice battery life dropping. Typically what will happen is that the battery will get to 5-10 percent and then just sit there for hours because it thinks its about to run out of charge.
If you've done that recently and still have issues, then it's probably time for a new battery.

battery health isn't the end all be all of battery condition.

i've seen batteries sit at 90+% health and still bloating out the phone to the point of lifting the screen. If you're seeing problems like the phone shutting off, not holding a charge as intended (as in battery life making big jumps super quickly), and just not charging, it most likely needs to be changed.

wrong board currynigger

Attached: 1646724345044.jpg (643x960, 237.96K)

Also if it gets really hot while charging

Battery replacement is $50 at the apple store. Either pay for a replacement or buy the new SE.

Get the iPhone 13 Mini while they still make it, prob the last high-end small phone. SE is shit.

Attached: iPhone-12-Pro-Max-12-Mini-XDA14.jpg (1200x800, 132.72K)