Are there any cases where gnome/gtk software is better than the kde/qt equivalent?

Are there any cases where gnome/gtk software is better than the kde/qt equivalent?

Attached: gnome-vs-kde.jpg (1680x945, 90.41K)

If you like CSD. Gnome is a more common ecosystem to be a part of.

>Every web browser
>Cheese
>GNOME Terminal
>Evolution
>Inkscape

>plasma mobile
>no internet over lte ootb
>phosh
>just werks

Inkscape has no competition.

Karbon

>Gnome Disks
>Touch support

>Every web browser
I like falkon
>Cheese
I tape my cameras and never remove it
>GNOME Terminal
Konsole works for me
>Evolution
doesn't do gmail oauth, kmail does
>Inkscape
I never use gui editors for things like html and svg, I just edit them with a text editor. The result is much more compact because I'm smart enough to use elements like line and circle whereas inkscape uses path for absolutely everything.

OpenSuse patched Firefox is the best browser on Linux. Also Chromium works well with Qt.

Tilix (gtk) is the best terminal afaik
Prove me wrong

KDE :
Konsole
Krita
Dolphin (or XFCE4 file manager)
KATE (YES)
KDE connect
Pidgin

GNOME :
Disks
Filelight (Pretty sure GNOME)

xfce file manager is better than dolphin

Lollypop
Calculator
Calendar
Characters
Clocks

They all are better UI/UX wise, not performance wise.
t. KDE user

Attached: watch?v=PJg9GT-r0cA-00:17:09.095-0028.jpg (1920x1080, 308.42K)

>Evolution
>doesn't do gmail oauth, kmail does
It does, dipshit.

>Evolution
>doesn't do gmail oauth
Set USE="oauth" on gnome-extra/evolution-data-server.

Attached: 1645395985982.jpg (600x456, 108.93K)

kde has so much padding around its UI it's hard for me to use because I feel like I'm using a fisher price variation of what a desktop should be. If you want a traditional desktop, why not just use cinnamon which is actually good or xfce?

oh look, all our apps start with K isn't that cool? no it's gay and retarded. K is a stupid letter. X is cooler and probably the only cool letter to build out that idea with, not fucking K.

Oh you can customize your system as much as you want! isn't that cool? oh wait, you want to use that theme? Okay well you'll have to get kvantum for that to work. Yeah you'll have to learn how to set that up and then select in the theme. No, see, you're looking at colors, not the theme, oh wait, that's plasma style, maybe try global theme? oh wait that's to edit gtk apps themes. well anyways....it's really easy and fun to customize I swear!

geany

Gimp and inkscape have no FLOSS alternatives. However KDE is a better environment overall and gtk software integrates well. Solely because they try to be feature complete and have a usable file picker. GNOME makes mac OS look like a customization wonderland and its developers have tacitly admitted sloth and incompetence.

>Evolution
Did they fix the bug where you couldn't write a fucking email without setting an environment variable to turn off webkit compositing? Also it's slow as fuck. Thunderbird is the only real email client on linux.

now let's see your file picker.

the fact is there are no totally good options for the linux desktop. if you want a UI designed by competent people on a unix-like system, macs are right there.

captcha: 0JGAY

Attached: some creepy child molester idk.jpg (2048x2048, 671.24K)

Gnome Disks (deadname: Palimpsest) is good for a quick overview of disks. Anything based on Parted takes forever to scan all disks