Why did hybrid cars never take off?

Why did hybrid cars never take off?

Attached: hybrid-high-res.jpg (2944x1689, 846.99K)

i'm literally driving a ford fusion right now

Lacks wings and lift power.

They are literally everywhere what are you talking about retard

Priuses made them look gay.

marketing turns every hybrid car into a fad and fads eventually die

The fuck you on about, they're just about everywhere and is certainly way more feasible then a fully electric car.

I just got a prius. Unless you're an entusiast or you need a work vehicle like a truck, everyone should be driving one.

They did for a bit. Then Tesla came along and plowed through the entire field. Now full BEV is set to dominate the car industry.

I'm going to buy a Tucson plug in hybrid

Get gas car $20,000
Get Hybrid car $35,000
Gas savings did not and still do not cover that loss in $. Instead you have a more expensive car that is even more expensive to fix with much more complexity than a simple normal car.

You have to fuel them first.

>
too heavy

not sure what you’re on about
I recently tried to buy a brand new Camry hybrid from two local dealerships and both said there’s a 1-year wait time because of le ship shortage. Used RAV4 Primes are going for 25% above msrp.

Have you ever looked at the gas prices you fucking retard? Oh that's right that would require you to leave the fucking house.

A Prius is $25k you moron.

Attached: 1.png (1238x636, 208.71K)

Prius’ are gay

You can buy a camry for the same price.

BEV and hybrids are for wagie commuters so they can use less fuel while they contemplate killing themselves sitting in traffic every morning and afternoon.

>Posting while driving
based, I kneel.

Expensive
Low range
More difficult to recharge in an emergency
Hard to repair
Short lifespan