My boss is giving me $500 to get a laptop so I can go back to school

My boss is giving me $500 to get a laptop so I can go back to school.
What should I get? I don't need anything too fancy: just need to be able to do research and write essays and potentially attend online classes.

Attached: RE3zva0.jpg (2120x1192, 192.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/
crowpi.cc/collections/crowpi/products/crowpi2-all-in-one-raspberry-pi-laptop-stem-learning-platform
wolfram.com/raspberry-pi/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whatever you do, don't let some autismo on here talk you into buying a decade old thinkpad.

This to some degree
Buy any light laptop that can get you as many hours as possible on one charge.

Get a CrowPi2. You can stick an 8gb Raspi 4 in it and it's got a bunch of sensors and motors and stuff and a bunch of electronics and programming coursework in it.

Easy daily driver if you just need to take notes and stream stuff. Great learning opportunity if you want it.

Attached: fee5dc0689e42d9d08be06038e608976.jpg (1446x2048, 264.71K)

Get 50 of these and buy all the cars in Roblox Jailbreak.
Then ask your employee for $1500 for the M2 Air.

Profit

Attached: j75FM7xBmuAb2MXSvI8iWBRBPycD_09QsTaOPhEcY2A_350x200_3x-0.jpg (1050x1475, 162.55K)

you should buy a decade old thinkpad

Autismo kicking hard

get the m1 macbook air base model and make sure you used the education store to get the $100 dollar discount (apple has faith in humanity and wont even ask for proof). battery lasts 13 hours with heavy use. keyboard is one of the best non-mechanical i've used. cant really go wrong, macos is comfy although limited in certain areas.

can't be beat for the price, literally. you only get ripped off with apple when you start trying to upgrade but 8gb flies on this machine, 256 storage is subjectively shit though

I'd say pick the best store available at hand, probably directly from the brand you're buying if they have a nice discount or Amazon, Best Buy, (Amazon has refurbished things sometimes just a heads up), and use this site notebookcheck.net/ to check laptops, they rank them and even have a survey based on your budget, interests, etc. Best brands are HP, Dell, Lenovo and Asus IMO. They have both shit and great devices

Correction, rather than a survey its like a laptop picker test

This is the tech themed board of an anime site. Who do you expect to go here if not otaku tech enthusiasts? If you dislike it why don't you just hang out on Twitter or StackOverflow?

Attached: 1653578583337.jpg (2048x1210, 203.68K)

>Avoiding anime on twitter
You're telling them to go straight to the source of autismo

Is there any reason not to just go the easy route and get a Chromebook?
For whatever reason I feel completely lost in this world as far as research, and even looking at top ten lists has me scratching my head.

$500 doesnt go very far these days

I could try for a good used one: don't need any sort of gaming capabilities or much more than
>writing and turning in schoolwork
>email
>browser
>whatever might be necessary for online classes

Anything light and fast ig so maybe get a Hp laptop, those never failed me

Yeah looking at lists can be a rabbit hole, but yeah Chromebook is an option but maybe OP needs to use windows or any other distro that isnt chromeOS, (idk if you can run other distros from a chromebook) theres also macbooks but i doubt a good one fits in a $500 budget

Look at this and tell me it isn't based though

crowpi.cc/collections/crowpi/products/crowpi2-all-in-one-raspberry-pi-laptop-stem-learning-platform

Attached: 4ee.jpg (680x468, 63.62K)

Is that the one that comes with Mathematica?

Just get a Chromebook. Find you don't like Chrome OS? It's easy enough to put Wangdows or Loonix on it.

Not sure if it ships with it specifically, but Mathematica is bundled with NOOBS, so you can put it easily on a Raspi 4. I think there is also a script or something to do it on this page:

wolfram.com/raspberry-pi/

Attached: tooru.jpg (1280x720, 104.98K)

How are some chromebooks able to run with 4gb of ram...
Anyways i cant think of a new laptop thats $500 honestly. Even if you get a chromebook with low specs you know google made it so it can atleast run the web browser no matter what.
Ypu coukd also tell your boss al, you coukd find was a chromebook and see if hell give you more money.

Put it all into bitcoin and buy 100 laptops when it shoots back up