WTF Any Forums you told me Mint was a nigger diarrhea milkshake of an OS that crashes constantly but I tried it today...

WTF Any Forums you told me Mint was a nigger diarrhea milkshake of an OS that crashes constantly but I tried it today on my shitty ass Celeron laptop and it just fucking worked. Fuck you assholes I spent 4 hours wasting my time with Arch all for nothing when I could've been getting work done.

Attached: 1653979299261.jpg (5120x2880, 3.76M)

First mistake was listening to Any Forums

Second mistake was listening to Any Forums

>I tried to use Linux without any idea what I was doing and ended up wasting time
crazy

Cinnamon is a crappy DE.

Bro Mint is comfy, I'm glad you're on board. It's like ubuntu but without the bad parts. You install all the proprietary driver by clicking, everything works, and no matter what edition you pick you can see the work the mint niggers put in.
I recommend xfce edition for soul and maximum ricing

Attached: 1525659054535.jpg (1000x922, 60.36K)

but for a total begginer looking to switch over to linux, would cinnamon be a better idea? or would you still recommend xfce?

Not him but i'd recommend KDE

Mint is cool but installing stuff can be harder if they're not in the repos

Attached: install234.jpg (1178x359, 41.43K)

In my experience, the stuff the beginners have problem is installing codec or nvidia drivers (specially on optimus laptop) and other stuff that is irrilevant of the DE (and mint handles very well with a GUI).
I'm pretty sure all the mint edition are intended for beginner, but If you're really new and you're not opinionated you might as well go with Cinnamon.
It's what the creators recommend, and two months from now if you get curious of trying other DE's you can install them on your mint install with no damage.
Mint doesn't have a KDE edition anymore.

>Mint
There's no reason to use it

ah right i totally forgot about switching between different desktop environments, that could be nice for sure
>using arch
i have considered going for that, it doesn't seem super complicated since there is now an install script, and getting a de on it is kinda simple, i tested it on a vm and had no problems, on that note tho which de do you use on arch?

mintfags help out mindfren
Your expertise is requested regarding a general OPSEC question:

Who told you that?
I don't know, I personally didn't have a good experience with it, but I barely see anyone else complain about it.

why not debian with prop repos? don't you feel cannonocal kinda wants to fuck you one day?

puffy

Know your paradoxes

not OP but Debian has some shitty drivers out of the box in my experience, but it's probably my fault for using the stable version, everything else just works but Mint/Ubuntu kinda just werks even more

the ppl having problem w mint probably picked the cinnamon edition to use. MATE the best and just werk esp for older machines

Umm, I'd say entering 3 commands in the terminal is far easier than building from source, or rather, getting the right AUR helper reading diffs and making sure it won't break something.

Mint can do no wrong

Attached: linusmintisrael.jpg (957x421, 199K)

I installed a CUDA driver on mint and my desktop was gone. Maybe if nouveau is not slow then I would try it instead
Different strokes for different folks

debian has a shitty driver experience, especially with nvidia optimus driver (laptops). Also stable is too old, and I don't want to tiptoe around updates using testing/sid, which is recommended against by their own devs.
Mint gives me everything I want the way I want it. The mint niggers removed snap all ubuntu voodoo bullshit and they brag about it in their blog. They ship proprietary stuff because the user needs it. This is the attitude I like.
But debian is a fine distro, unlike newubuntu.

I had a poor driver experience too but with AMD on Debian stable, Mint and Ubuntu work. It's no coincidence then