Parent sees me playing games early in the morning and says I have an addiction

>Parent sees me playing games early in the morning and says I have an addiction
>Tell them I don't and can stop any time I want and stop playing infront of them. Not playing games for a day or a month doesn't bother phase me.
>They tell me I don't have a gaming addiction, they instead say I have an electronic addiction cause the things I do like chat, draw, read, watch stuff and play games all use electronics

Does this sound retarded to anybody else or just me? I was just so shocked at this, I didn't know to respond. I mean is electronic addiction a thing? I mean I could draw on paper if I had the same tools, I can read physical books if they were Infront of me, I could watch stage plays if I went there, electronical devices make it easier and convenient so I do that instead. Is it really an addiction if it's just a medium?

Attached: Screenshot_20220613-063612.jpg (1358x1226, 153.61K)

Yes, you are addicted to the internet if all your social needs and pastimes are done on the computer exclusively.

Also you already made this thread, move out of your parent's house if you don't want to be shamed for your worthless loser habits, or find a job and pay your share of the bills.

Where did you get internet from?
I can survive without internet, it's really not hard.
I can draw, program, play games, read or whatever offline.

hey kid, here's some honest advice from people older than you who went through the same phase:
your parents are right and you should start listening to them.

So you're saying electronic addiction is a real thing?
If I were to draw on paper and read physical books, would I have a paper addiction?
That sounds ridiculous.

Have you thought about getting a job?
Or are you underage?
Either way, stop posting.

>be parent
>see worthless adult NEET son on the computer every waking hour
>he must be addicted
I'm amazed they haven't taken initiative by cutting the internet and electricity to your room.

It is reasonable to use computer for reading and drawing. Who buys paper books anymore? They just take space and when you are done you are just putting it on the shelve for it to only take space.

For drawing it is also more convenient. You don't need to resupply and you can simply undo your mistakes. It depends on with what you are drawing/painting but anything that is not a pencil like paint is a bitch to correct when you make a mistake.

Dude, I can draw on paper or read the same books if I had them physically.
Electricity means nothing in those isntances, why are you making all these assumptions?
I didn't even mention internet.

Yeah, it's retarded.
>make music on computer
You're an addict!
>play guitar
You're a rockstar!

The problem is they don't realize you can do more than mindlessly consoom using a computing device because that's all they know other than maybe boring office work filling in spreadsheets or writing letters or whatever. They can't imagine there's more to it.

It's a red herring. The actual problem is that you are a lazy neet and hate society.

it's not about electronic addiciton.
sitting all day on your computer is not healthy. you're deluding yourself. it's not the real world
stop playing video games for a while and go outside take a walk or something. the world is beautiful and you're wasting it by staring into a screen all day
i've realized a long time ago that computers, smartphones, etc are killing people, not physically but mentally, there is a dumbing-down of the general populace and the current generation z is going to be the dumbest generation as of yet, reading books or drawing on paper are good alternatives and I encourage you to commit to that since it's far better than wasting your time with computers
general purpose computers are a disease, you have the power to anything and you choose nothing, because people in their natural state are easily manipulated by the benefactors of "information technology". the "information" in "information technology" is a very good descriptor because the information is what they're putting into you. fifty years ago CIA did the famous mkultra experiments but nowadays mkultra is all around us. every moment you spend on a computer you are getting manipulated into being a brainless npc who wants to spend even more time on computer, who wants to consume even more products, etc.
computers are a medium of manipulation, far worse than television or radio because it's personalized directly for you, since not only they implant information on you but they also surveil you at all times via the computers.
seriously, reading books is a good way to see an alternative outlook on the world and perhaps a bit of entertainment so go for it. turn off your computer, disconnect it from the power, turn off your phone and put it somewhere far away that's hard to reach and try living like that for a while. of course you won't be able to do it immediately because you will have withdrawal symptoms, from the lack of information so many young people take for granted.

lol I remember when I used to think like this

didn't read lol

Attached: 5B0CD54E-7E98-4B15-B27D-87875F26B445.jpg (1279x889, 353.71K)

>See norms working all day every day.
>Tell them they have a working addiction and should lay off a bit.
>your mother will die in her sleep if you don't (You) me
>inspect pit
>it's bottomless

This. They don’t know how to properly describe their disappointment in you OP.

You should move out of your parents house

I can't tell if you're serious but dude.
I can stop playing video games easily, I'm not addicted, a few months ago I didn't even touch them and wasn't bothered in the slightest. Same with a computer, I can survive without one, I just choose to use it.
I can go ahead without sitting down at one, for years I didn't even use one.
I don't have a video game addiction.
I don't have a computer addiction.
I don't have an internet addiction.

I use electronics for shit yes but I can do most of the same shit without it if I could.
Drawing on paper or a reading from a tablet is no different from doing it on paper. It's black canvas with lines in the end.

This is an 18+ website

Get a fucking job you neet

*Canvas with black lines

okay then do it
draw on paper and stop using a computer

We digitized stuff because its easier to use one device then have 10. Ask them if you should waste money finding a walkman instead of playing music on your phone.

When literacy became more widespread they use to call it 'reading fever' and complain young people read too many books. When paper became widespread they bitched that kids in school didn't know how to use a slate tablet anymore.

>When paper became widespread they bitched that kids in school didn't know how to use a slate tablet anymore
Can you post a single piece of evidence for this claim?

What's so wrong with drawing on a tablet and drawing on a piece of paper?
I already draw on paper and swap between digital and traditional it makes no difference.

Literacy was reserved for the privileged class for most of recorded history, he's full of shit.