I started self-hosting an onion site with Tor, and my rock solid internet has started to cut out for no reason

i started self-hosting an onion site with Tor, and my rock solid internet has started to cut out for no reason

everything on the router shows "connected", and the ping times out at my ISP
they said no outages have happened

I imagine this is an attack that works. What if you simply turn off connections you suspect until some darknet market is suddenly inaccessible?
Is there even a way to add redundancy to an onion site?

Attached: cookie.png (512x512, 186.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metrics.torproject.org/networksize.html
whonix.org/wiki/Tor_Myths_and_Misconceptions
torproject.org/about/history/
github.com/epidemics-scepticism/writing/blob/master/misconception.md#reduced-circuit-paths
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TOR isn't safe from glowies. If glowies want to deanonymize you on TOR they'll just DDOS the other nodes to force you through glowing nodes.

>started self-hosting an onion site
don't
>What if you simply turn off connections you suspect until some darknet market is suddenly inaccessible?
you'd have to shut down the tor instance for the "attack" to stop
>Is there even a way to add redundancy to an onion site?
yes, it works just like a normal website

post link faggot
if your site is good ill consider helping u

you being glowniggers, anonymous

unironically this. What does it even take to qualify as a node? just an IP? the FBI probably have millions on reserve and they could easily run tens of thousands of virtual nodes on a few beefy servers.

>i started self-hosting an onion site with Tor, and my rock solid internet has started to cut out for no reason
>
>everything on the router shows "connected", and the ping times out at my ISP
>they said no outages have happened
>
>
>I imagine this is an attack that works. What if you simply turn off connections you suspect until some darknet market is suddenly inaccessible?
>Is there even a way to add redundancy to an onion site?
paedos

does my autism diagram make sense

Attached: eeeeeeeeee.png (853x712, 34.85K)

you would only need to do it for "users" who are continuously accessing tor btw

>If glowies want to deanonymize you on TOR they'll just DDOS the other nodes to force you through glowing nodes.
They could also slow down your connection at the ISP right? If the DDoS doesn't work.

>you'd have to shut down the tor instance for the "attack" to stop
what?

What if you host a node yourself? Then DDoSing nodes would make you incapable of connecting to anything, including glownodes.

Traffic shape all nodes other than the glow nodes at the ISP

>TOR isn't safe from glowies. If glowies want to deanonymize you on TOR they'll just DDOS the other nodes to force you through glowing nodes.
DDoSing 6851 relays?
metrics.torproject.org/networksize.html

Idk if it actually means anything but it's illegal for the govt to limit your ability to connect to the internet at least at the device-to-WiFi level so in theory if they did this it wouldn't be admissible.

70% are owned by the CIA anyway

Tor was developed by the Dept. of the Navy btw.

Post hands in a dark room

Would it be ok for them to cut the cable or is that also some kind of violation of the freedom?

Attached: 1654282315532.jpg (1200x675, 522.93K)

That's FUD, the vast majority of Tor relay operators are personally known to the Tor Project
whonix.org/wiki/Tor_Myths_and_Misconceptions
*Funded by the Navy
torproject.org/about/history/

Attached: 1653640986569.jpg (680x680, 24.04K)

>David Goldschlag, Mike Reed, and Paul Syverson at the U.S. Naval Research Lab (NRL) asked themselves if there was a way to create internet connections that don't reveal who is talking to whom, even to someone monitoring the network. Their answer was to create and deploy the first research designs and prototypes of onion routing.

>glowniggers are accusing others of glowing
>What if you host a node yourself? Then DDoSing nodes would make you incapable of connecting to anything, including glownodes.
An adversary can fingerprint you based on your settings
github.com/epidemics-scepticism/writing/blob/master/misconception.md#reduced-circuit-paths
>history of the concept of onion routing

>use this well known CIA honeypot network
>anyone who points out that TOR is security theater for 1337 h4xx0rs with anarchy symbols carved into their high school locker is a fed!

Attached: 1654181736827.png (1024x854, 565.73K)