Remote Work Without a Degree?

>Remote; entirely from laptop.
>No talking on phone.
>Easy, slow paced, or comfy work.
>No degree required.

Do any remote jobs fit this? What companies hire for such positions?

What is the expected pay and absolute maximum pay such a job would provide? Is $50k+ unrealistic? I feel like if such a job existed it would offer $10 an hour or something.

Attached: 1631038816308.jpg (1746x1650, 1.08M)

Also forgot: no coding. I know that's a sin here but coding bores the shit out of me and puts me to sleep because I'm a retard I suppose. Oh well.

Sure just steal money

Read the sticky, faggot.

>biz
Lmao. Get rekt.

>no coding
Learn to code. Don't worry you wont be coding on the job. Build up an extremely strong github. Make things people want and become an OSS celeb. Now you're ready to get a job... start applying for WFH software jobs, apply to as many as humanly possible and accept ALL offers you get, doesn't matter the pay. Don't do any work, just wait for them to fire you while you continue improving your OSS portfolio and apply to even more jobs.

M8 I literally fall asleep when trying to learn HTML. It's boring, depressing, and agonizing. Hats off to the coders but I get filtered at the fucking learning stage. It's like the computer version of learning to become a CPA.

Attached: 1629993685069.png (737x820, 460.42K)

OP said he wanted to get a job not get scammed out of his life savings by buying pictures of monkeys and FOMO pump and dump scam coins

get really really good at data entry then, like REALLY REALLY good otherwise you will lose to pajeets everytime

>file
schizoid

that's just a document m8
like word n sheet

It's possible with something like desktop support or help desk, but the higher-tier roles are much more difficult to get into without established experience, education, and connections. Everyone wants remote roles, literally everyone, and if it was THAT easy then everyone would be doing it.

Based.

>but the higher-tier roles are much more difficult to get into without established experience, education, and connections.

What are the higher-tier roles? What is their typical pay? What if you have a lot of IT experience on your own but nothing to show for it and no degree? Is it doomed?

Attached: 1646226985206.png (1649x2048, 1.93M)

>What are the higher-tier roles?
sysadmin, security, devops, dba, etc.
>What is their typical pay?
I don't know but 90k starting is probably fair.
>What if you have a lot of IT experience on your own but nothing to show for it and no degree?
The degree isn't really what's important, the reason why people go to college is to build connections and do internships. This ensures your salary upon graduation is 160k+ and you are graduating with a job.
Put yourself in the shoes of an employer. You claim to have a lot of self-taught experience but what do you have to show for it? No projects? No certifications? No education? Have you even worked a wagie job before? This doesn't make for an attractive hire at all.
Before I went to college I was also self-taught but the difference is I did a lot of extracurricular shit to establish myself into my career which made it really easy to compete for internships.

ask the general that was tailor made for smoothbrains like you

this is the tech board, not linkedin

Based, thanks m8.

>Put yourself in the shoes of an employer. You claim to have a lot of self-taught experience but what do you have to show for it? No projects? No certifications? No education? Have you even worked a wagie job before? This doesn't make for an attractive hire at all.

No, I totally get it. I just have studied Cybersecuriity on my own as a hobby for 10+ years but have nothing formal. In conversations with other people familiar with security I always end up teaching them and answering dozens of questions from them about advanced security concepts, hardening, etc. So my knowledge is there, at least a lot more than a typical lad. And I've had 20+ years of various Windows and Linux experience, if that means anything. I just don't have any certs, have no degree, and can't/won't code. Would it be a waste of time to apply for a Sysadmin, Security, etc. role the way I am? I assume AI would trash my resume before it even saw human eyes but just asking.

Attached: 1631142012689.jpg (640x640, 96.23K)

Retard detected. This is a very suitable question for the tech board.

Have you had an IT related job?

>So my knowledge is there, at least a lot more than a typical lad. And I've had 20+ years of various Windows and Linux experience, if that means anything. I just don't have any certs, have no degree, and can't/won't code. Would it be a waste of time to apply for a Sysadmin, Security
Yeah it would, security is hot right now and too many juniors are trying to get into the entry-level which is typically reserved for people who are already working in IT. Security can be chalked down to "mid-level IT", it can certainly be entry level but not with the information you've given. Unless you know a hiring manager and can explain to them that you're actually competent then you aren't going to get far.
I would say at the bare minimum you'd need a Security+ to get into a SOC analyst role. For security (that's the field I'm in) you definitely want to have bug bounties, I can't stress that enough. It impresses nearly every employer and guarantees you interviews. Avoiding learning how to code is only going to set you back, it's very crucial to have an understanding of code, but not on the level of a software engineer.

No but I've always been the "he'll fix it" guy that relatives, friends, and friends' moms bring their computer and software issues to and I've always fixed them.

I’m a Red Hat Architect I’d say get your certs dude. I have a FUCK TON and they always help me. RHCSA RHCE CCNA CCNP CKA CKAD LFCE are good starting places. It’s a long journey but the pay is worth it man and slacking.

OR

learn salesforce and get their certs . It’s a hidden secret that pays bank

Based; top info. Assume I get a Sec+ and pad my resume with a couple shiny things here or there. Now would it be a waste of time to apply? I'll look into the bug bounties. Sounds kino.

Secondary question: What is the security position where you simply lock everything down and harden it as best as possible, apply updates, and sit back and post on Any Forums in the meantime? Does such a thing exist?

Attached: 1627245796492.png (1173x955, 1002.11K)

>learn salesforce and get their certs . It’s a hidden secret that pays bank

Interesting. Which ones? Elaborate.