So I decided to try this Linux thing

>so I decided to try this Linux thing
>google "how to install linux"
>apparently i have to choose a "distro"
>google "best linux distros"
>literally 8 to 10 recommendations every single time
>might as well stick to the ones that are for beginners
>google each one individually and discover that linux users shit on every single one of them
>"Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Fedora/elementary/Manjaro is trash, it breaks, it doesn't support [random word], [insert other distro] is better" etc
>wtf is their problem
>going to stick to windows because linux users are seething retards

Attached: linux.png (522x747, 115.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ossf/wg-securing-critical-projects/blob/main/presentations/The_state_of_the_Linux_kernel_security.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nono you don't get it, you have to try my personal edit of shitnux manjakubuntumintarchipielago, it's 100% the best distro bro. you can't even use your mouse because it's for l33t haxors ONLY. we only use terminals around here

okay? Nice blogpost faggot

cool story bro

>Mint
>xfce
>jus werkz
You gay lol.

Take your meds, Jay

Works on machine

Way better than macs that just tell me i cant do shit because its stupid and need to think different
>STOP CLOSING HECKIN PROGRAMS ONLY CLOSE THE WINDOW IT MAKES THIS SLOW PIECE OF SHIT LOOK FASTER!
lmao macs

linux mint

Attached: AF3013E0-FDE9-434A-B220-4D8439C634FC.jpg (650x920, 121.41K)

>I can't pick a distro
>It's because you guys are retards
Hmm

4/10 too obvious and cliched

Nice try Satan

Attached: 1655401762801.png (1022x1024, 205.85K)

>need to choose a car
>have literally thousands of models to choose from
>no problem
>need to use an OS
>have like 4 choices
>NOOOOO OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

>niggers

Remember to filter this image hash

Your fear is other Linux users will call you a retard? Lol retard

Ubuntu

simple as

Attached: 1655183374491.webm (360x640, 2.59M)

>(((Ubuntu)))
>(((Mint)))
Enjoy your outdated packages goys
github.com/ossf/wg-securing-critical-projects/blob/main/presentations/The_state_of_the_Linux_kernel_security.pdf

Attached: 1633180895018.png (1094x414, 71.68K)

I don't even care about Linux but you've been posting the same bait threads for years. I graduated, got married, and landed a sweet job in the time span that you've been sitting here posting this same tired shit on 4chinz. When are you going to blow your brains out?

>local faggot nigga discovers 'the choose'
This is the price of the freedom, my boy.

linux isn't a first class experience, and your hardware might not even be ideal for linux (for example some laptops might have problems with wifi, bluetooth, camera, microphone, thunderbolt, and sometimes the GPU is buggy).
As a C++ programmer linux has many tools, like address sanitizer will check for memory leaks (but there are false positives, so I launch it without it most of the time, only when I commit to github do I check for leaks, and when I know I was working with something that could leak).
Then I use valgrind to double check if the leak is real and it supports a couple more tools for debugging threads and profiling.
And for profiling it's nice to use perf and to generate a flame graph.
Also you can run apple osx on the VM, but this may be a fleeting moment since apple is already making x86 obsolete.
>inb4 good morning sirs

Just use lfs

Just use Fedora faggot.

Attached: 1652723857472.jpg (680x676, 64.08K)

>noooo heckin' updoot goyimerinoooos

It's free and open source so anyone can do anything with them. If people want to make their own distros then nobody is able to stop them. So there are hundreds of distros, of course only a handful of them are big and popular but the rest of them still exist. Googling something stupid like "best linux distro" is vague as fuck. What did you expect to happen? The whole internet just uniting together and saying that this one is the best? That's never going to happen as it does not happen with cars or watches or pocket knives or paintings. Or bikes or flashlights or ceiling fans or toilet paper. There's never going to be only one correct answer if options exist.

Only people who bother to test and try multiple choices have earned the right to use "the best". Don't try to take shortcuts you lazy piece of shit.