It gets too much unwarranted hate simply because of its community

It gets too much unwarranted hate simply because of its community.
In reality it's gonna overtake C/C++.

Attached: 1650327583417.png (1920x1080, 134.69K)

Rust depends on C++ for it's compiler. GCC and Clang have no plans to rewrite themselves. And rust is outlawed from system level development in Google's new operating system(soon to replace Android). Rust is a meme. You fell for a meme

All the shit that's ported to rust in incomplete
They just claim its ported to lure suckers in

it gets too much unwarranted hate because of the zerg groups and peoples high expectations of keeping ANYTHING during wipe. you are mearly borrowing it mate, including your base.

C/C++ won. There is too much that depends on it for it to ever be replaced by these wanna be C languages. I mean most databases are written in C/C++. A lot of the libraries that sit at the foundational level are written in C/C++. The kernel is written in C/C++ and most proprietary kernels are written in it. The new Google kernel is written in C++. It has less support for different architectures than C and a whole embedded software tool kits/workflows exist for C which are not gonna get replace by rust. I don't think rust will cease but its gonna be a niche language its like FORTRAN. It still exist, but only a small niche really use it.

Fuschia was revealed 5 years ago and not only is it still not here, Jewgle has given no updates on it whatsoever at any point since.
It is nowhere near "soon".

I heard that they were pushing it to android and replacing the Linux kernel for it.

All of these languages have been trying to replacs C++, not C. They have garbage collection and so can't do systems and embedded programming.

Google has used it for a couple of products. There's been some solid leaks that Samsung has started to play with it. Rumor has it that Samsung will start shipping phones without Android in the next couple of years.

You can also download it and run it yourself. It's actually almost useable

Fuschia is intended to be its own Operating System, not merely a kernel. It is without Linux and would replace Android.

>And rust is outlawed from system level development in Google's new operating system
Like half of Fuchsia is written in Rust, what the fuck are you talking about?

I mean C++ is just C with OOP, raii and QOL. A lot of what you would do with C++ is still tied heavily to C. I mean the vulkan libraries are written in C. If you wanted to dev games you would choose C++ just to dodge a lot of binary compatibility issues. A lot of ABI is done through C. I would say rust is more of a threat to ADA, but is going to have to get gov support and a process/testing that proves the safety claims rust throws out. Which could take a decent amount of time considering how long it took to do this with ada in the first place.

I was reading some article about how in a few updates they would replace the android kernel silently in an update and most users wouldn't notice. I read it a while back, so I don't have the URL, but that was the gist. I think the OS component is supposed to replace the desktop space.

Rust will eventually take over non-legacy C++ development, aka games, but even that will take a long time. C will never die.

>C/C++ won. There is too much that depends on it for it to ever be replaced by these wanna be C languages.

This. We've pretty much reached the end of history when it comes to programming languages. The next paradigm shift will be AI that writes code for you, not a new programming language that tries to remedy the pain points of past languages. You'll simply define a specification and the AI will spit out an optimized working solution, and be able to iteratively refine it in real time based on human feedback. But until then, we're stuck with the Cs.

>because of its community
Strange since ive seen far more Cniles and Sepplesfags cry about Rust then the other way around, just look at all the hate threads it gets here or go check any Youtube video about it.

C++ devs: "Why would I want a Tesla? I have an electric skateboard, goggles, kevlar shin pads, a helmet, a battery rucksack, a head torch, a signalling flag, a bike lock, a Discman, a sidecar, a coloratura, a banana bag again (or a camel), a plan, a man, a canal, Panama!

I can do everything a Tesla can do, why do I need one?

> AI that writes code for you

an AI writing your comment for you:

Completed Text:
We've pretty much reached the end of history when it comes to programming languages. The next paradigm shift will be AI that writes code for you, not ---- for humans.

Artificial intelligence and natural language processing are the biggest recent trends in technology. The way we write code has become outdated. The most popular programming languages have very different programming paradigms. There is a huge gap between the popular programming languages. So when people want to learn how to code, they pick the wrong language. Many programmers end up learning the Java and C languages before delving into C++ or C#. The reason being that it is easier to become a Java or C programmer. But when they learn C++ or C#, they feel more comfortable.

With the emergence of powerful programming languages such as Python, Java, C# and PHP, we are about to enter a new era.

I was and still am (kinda) hyped for rust in embedded, but its not really taking off from what i can tell. Nobody i know likes rust for embedded, seniors and juniors alike. C is just way easier. Even the people that like cpp over c dislike rust for embedded. Unfortunate

>C/C++ won. There is too much that depends on it for it to ever be replaced by these wanna be C languages.
This is like saying VHS won, maybe vs Betamax, but not today. C beat Pascal and FORTRAN but that doesn't mean we have to be stuck with it forever. Rust is a higher quality language than C and C++.

>C is just way easier.

Richard P. Gabriel predicted this in 1989. People don't want a thing that is hard but makes good software. They want a thing which is easy and makes poor software.

(However, he predicted the poor software would be out sooner and gain prominence and then be improved; he didn't predict a legion of grognards who built their self identity on being proud of being able to use poor quality software and objecting to improvements).

Rust doesnt even gave imagemagick
How can you not have image magick, its essential

>Rust is a higher quality language than C and C++.
It is, but not a high margin.
Modern C++ is not really that far off from Rust.
And with any sane code review, usage of smart pointers and containers, C++ is easy enough, while having easy access to all C and C++ libs.

This but unironically

They need to sort their community out, especially the goblins working on npm(cargo).

VHS wasn't a platform. Porting tapes to DVD is trivial. That is not the same case for software. If you want to port a C program to rust that can take years. Years of work just to hit parity. Anyone who values their time is not going to do that.
>beat pascal and FORTRAN
Yeah it beat those when their wasn't that much infrastructure and people were used to reinventing the wheel for each new generation of computers. That is no longer the culture. These aren't just mainframes in back rooms anymore. They are used for almost everything, and that means reinventing everything for a trivial reason, Safety.
>But safety isn't trivial
Sure but a lot of the older software that everyone is using is tried and true and is safe meaning saying safety isn't that big of a selling point. People will expect something they didn't get from the old stuff and when you tell them all you are going for is parity they are going to pass. This also ignores how many languages are written in C and depend on C ABI. I mean moving to rust would require rewriting them and their ABI to a rust format. This would be a python2 to python3 situation all over again, but for every language that depends on C.