Now that retro computers are seemingly a massive interest, when is Any Forums going to get a general for it?

now that retro computers are seemingly a massive interest, when is Any Forums going to get a general for it?
It's inspired me to do something with a bit fo the hardware I've collected over the years.
I currently have a ATI 4670 agp card, which if you dont know is quite a rare card. I want to build a pc with it, but I'm not sure what would be appropriate.
Like i dont want it to perform like garbage just for muh period correct, but I also definitely do NOT want to use a motherboard that also supports pci-e. That would just be why.
I guess some socket 939 board with an Athlon x2?

Attached: 147-front[1].jpg (508x320, 60.8K)

Quite rare? These pcie-to-agp-bridged AMD cards were everywhere in the middle of the second half of the 00s.

rare in the sense you cant find them on ebay or other used hardware sites any day of the week.
sure others are everywhere, but not really the 4670. It didnt sell very much due to being released like after agp's death and because it is the "fastest agp card" it gets collected too so they are not always on the market.

Agp was the worst thing for gpus besides pci/isa
Retro hardware is a meme

Yeah I remember something like that about that the beefiest AGP card of all time race. I used to own a couple of these and they were pretty good as a hardware decoder for H264 and an HDMI adapter at the same time. Used them with a couple of my P4-based machines.

i have
P3 1ghz with geforce 4 Ti 4400
and
P4 3ghz with Radeon 9800 PRO
meme shit that waste space. dont bother.

i have a p4 with a 3850 and it was a fun machine desu, was hilarious when I realized it could actually run gta4

>now that retro computers are seemingly a massive interest, when is Any Forums going to get a general for it?
You do know that Any Forums had a /retro/ thread for over a decade? It only recently calmed down since it turned unusable with zoomer shitposting and CRT faggotry.

Feel free to make one any time.

Attached: crop.png (1233x1260, 527.66K)

I wouldn't really call that retro but I think it should still fit in a Any Forums retro thread.

Attached: 1653829448060.jpg (3840x2880, 2.28M)

If you want good pricing just go to your local e-waste location. Literally this stuff costs like pennies. Don't fall for ebay and "retro" listings

retro is meme to a certain point. it makes sense to build a windows 95/dos machine because the parts are very cheap and emulation/modern hardware doesn't bring the experience. but once you start getting into windows 2000,xp era things make no sense really because modern hardware/windows can play nice with that majority of the time.

>it makes sense to build a windows 95/dos machine because the parts are very cheap
They ain't cheap anymore

Literally one post above the one you replied to shill.

?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1039x1135, 103.04K)

which one of those is the card pictured, the 4670?

have a shitload of retrotech aka ejunk, agp cards, pci soundlasters, an amd acer, a dell optiplex, dimm and ddr ram dime a dozen, would trade all that shit for at least a functional 1050ti

Any part older than a few years can be found for cheap if looked around. Preferably I'd keep a dedicated machine for each era and platform.

Put the stuff up for sale and do that then?

Bumpin 'n' Dumpin

Attached: 1626290362539.jpg (3125x750, 581.4K)

Attached: 1654262665383.jpg (2000x1500, 733.17K)

Attached: 1630308027689.jpg (2000x1500, 1.87M)

i live in a small euro country where the pc market became irrelevant, everyone uses mobiles or laptops, dont wanna hassle with the troubles of mailing outside EU or even worldwide

What country? I'm from a European country with a little more than a million people and the market is still there with high prices, might just take a week longer than compared to bigger countries.

Portugal, you know, next to Spain and all, market is fucked up, they're asking 230 € for a 1050

dude ive literally bought tech stuff off ebay from albania. it doesnt matter where youre from as long as its something someone wants

Dang that's a shame, can't sell online on Spanish sites either?

Global eBay is always an option, true.

those sites usually require that you live in the country
also, dont have a bank account, paypal or even an ebay account, would be hard to sell via that method

Being a small seller on eBay is a joke, you will get fucked in the ass since someone says it's broken and eBay always sides with the customer