Filthy plum/b/ers and contractors of Any Forums: basement bathroom install

Filthy plum/b/ers and contractors of Any Forums: basement bathroom install

Does the sewer line need to be below the frost line when it exits the basement headed outside to the septic tank?

Or can it be only a few inches below the soil at this point?

Attached: expert b plumbers.jpg (900x563, 40.45K)

>frost line
You are doing it wrong.
Move out of Siberia.

Where do you live?

Siberia of Canada.

Frost can hit 4' depth

But I have waterlines buried at 3-4' and do not get freezing

op here

If you needed the line to exit the house at 4' depth, your septic tank would have to be buried at least that deep, deeper given the run from the house to the tank. And I don't think you see septic tanks sitting 6' deep... so..

Attached: ec8370397c9090c037b8427b234a8155--plumbing-tools-milwaukee-tools.jpg (600x315, 31.55K)

No shit.
Are you living there by your own choice or can't you leave your small town because on probation for being black?

not black, could live in the US or Canada, happy to be living where I am.

I mean, sometimes fuck winter, but I'm a good distance from the mongrels you deal with down there

God, I can't wait for global warming.

How much warming are you hoping for? Winter is already shorter

Attached: woman-plumber-in-the-kitchen-EMFP5B.jpg (866x1390, 159.77K)

So much global warming that I can sit outside on my veranda without shirt in winter.
At night.

Put it above the frost line and find out. Don't let the building inspector know

>Put it above the frost line and find out.
guys this serious, cmon

>not my problem

Attached: old-oil-poured-into-kitchen-sink.jpg (1500x1000, 253.42K)

Shit in a bucket and toss it out the window.

that is the current system, I figure it's time for an upgrade

Yeah at that point anywhere not hot to begin with is going to be flooded with climate refugees. Which I'm sure won't cause any sort of instability anywhere. Also ticks and mosquitos so that shirtless thing may not work out so well

Look up greywater/blackwater systems for rvs and tiny homes, that's probably what you'd want to do.
Humanure is also an option but takes a long time like years to be safe to use.

There is no correct answer, If the home is going to be heated and the sewer continuously used(regular amount) it will never freeze no matter where it is placed in the soil. The fact of the matter is if your septic is below the frost line and your building the house, the extra cost to have it below the frostline is not worth a discussion. Your footing need to be below the line so you are basically saving two scoops from the excavator. There is absolutely no advantage to put modern plumbing shallow, that pipe when properly installed will outlast you.

The line to the tank should be empty the majority of the time so there's nothing to freeze. Anything running through it will be warm enough to get to the tank before it freezes.
A 4 foot trench depth for the leach field is ridiculous. Most are far shallower.

But you're missing the point of "system". If the angle is too steep the water will outrun toilet paper and cause blockage. Too shallow and water doesn't move fast enough to carry paper.

water lines with a constant flow will never freeze if properly installed

We have septic's installed all the time lower than 6' and our frost line is 6". You have to have a fall of 1/4 a foot on the sewer line to septic. Digging is dirt cheap, the expensive part is getting the tractor and operator to the job site. One guy with a tractor can rip shit up in an hour.

>Only retards replying
I'm an estimator for a subcontractor in the north, yes you need to dig below the frost line because having your shit freeze in the pipes is bad, and having the frozen ground breaking your pipes is worse. If you try and nigger-rig it it will take 1 cold winter and you've just contaminated your whole yard with sewage (not to mention you have to fix the system again. I hope you're smart enough to do the pipes at the right angle so they drain properly, otherwise you should just call someone.

Thanks for the input.

I think I'll insulate the pipe (but allow ground heat up into it) as it exits the slab, probably only 8" depth at that point, maybe run heat tape in an adjoining sealed pipe just in case. Slope it correctly. Locate septic tank 10-15' from edge of house, try to put it in a spot where it can get covered with snow in the winter.

Doing most of the work myself because poor, and also less gobernment involvement this way.

nigga, im digging this by hand

I bet our shit is so full of plastic residues, flame retardant chemicals, pesticides, herbicides... fuck that.