Anyone using it?

Should I buy a EdgeRouter as my first non-ISP router?

Attached: 1649997710407.jpg (700x467, 35.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mikrotik_com/status/1507308221379354626
twitter.com/archer83able/status/1507085798914539524
varia.org/en/success-story-the-spacex-falcon-rocket-and-the-mikrotik-metal-52-ac/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not really. EdgeRouter sucks balls. For routers consider getting something from Mikrotik like an RB5009.

you motherfucker Mikrotik gypsies are fucking everywhere. Go be poor somewhere else dipshit!

It's really good, take it.

honestly even those $30 routers on amazon's top sellers are gonna be better than whatever garbage your ISP forced on you
go nuts, do whatever you think looks nice
edgerouter is fine

>Mikrotik
enjoy russian botnets

>go nuts, do whatever you think looks nice
not op, but what are some good things to experiment with?

UbiquitiFags also everywhere. Ubiquiti has good switches and APs but their routers are pure garbage. No matter how hard you kick and scream. That is the truth. They don't know how to make good routers. Even the UDM-Pro is garbage and way to many features are missing. But you get what you pay for.

Mikrotik is not Russian faggot. It is Latvian.

twitter.com/mikrotik_com/status/1507308221379354626

It has nothing to do with Russia. Even their twitter profile has Ukrainian flag colors. While I agree with you that Russia is a dumpster fire. Next time do your fucking research before opening your mouth.

wait some months until latvia becomes part of russian federation

Just wait some months until Russia nukes Burgerland for supplying weapons to Ukraine.

Just buy a $40 TP link router and put OpenWrt on it.

Even Ukrainian Ukrjet UJ-22 UAVs have Mikrotik hardware. So your Russian botnet theory is flawed.

twitter.com/archer83able/status/1507085798914539524

Even Elon Musk used Mikrotik products for Starlink.
varia.org/en/success-story-the-spacex-falcon-rocket-and-the-mikrotik-metal-52-ac/

So yeah. I think you have screws loose in your head.

oh boy you're so retarded. if latvia become russian then mikrotik can be forced to install backdoors on their products.

>if latvia become russian then mikrotik can be forced to install backdoors on their products.
This just proves you are a liar about the russian state sponsored botnet faggot. So go play with your gay Ubiquiti overpriced products. Cannot wait for world hunger to come. You can eat your EdgeRouter then. And you can use your Unifi APs as plates. You are welcome!

You're implying their 50 year old missiles that haven't been maintained at all won't just fall apart and explode over belarus and china

And let's not forget the Ubiquiti Breach.

Realistically, check out the "$30 Amazon router" suggestion.

Perhaps browse the hardware lists at openwrt? Better software gets you more utility out of cheap hardware.

lmao mikrotik is not that cheap unless you want absolute dogshit bottom of the line products. I will savor my edgerouter with delight, your crappy routerboard can stay in your basement

LMAO.

It's fine. Probably the best "does it all for you" solution, even though with the registration and stuff you way wanna have a thought if privacy is a concern to you. Mikrotik is a viable alternative, if you wanna save some bucks. Most fun/do everything yourself solution is still opensense on some hardware of choice tho.

Does EdgeOS require a cloud account?

It is absolute garbage. Ancient hardware and more expensive. ER-X still has that piece of shit MT7621 that shits the bed and even that is only as fast as an RB750Gr3. And that's just sad. Enjoy your EdgeLordRouter. Either way... your ISP will fuck you in the ass though. Told you that you are a faggot.