Home cinema setup for stereo listening ?

Hey g/ee, I recently got a sweet second hand deal on an old AVR that does 5.1 surround as well as two JVC bookshelf speakers and an Infinity harman center channel. My "problem" here is that i don't care about 5.1 dolby atmos stuff because I output my audio from my laptop as 2 channel stereo, but I still really want to use that infinity center speaker since it has a really good sound...

Is there a way for me to use the center speaker to output only the mid information and the two JVC's to output the side information so I can still have stereo sound when watching movies or listening to music ? Is there some cable fuckery I can do or do I need additionnal hardware to do that ?

Attached: s478.jpg (1280x960, 189.28K)

Here's mine except the amps black
Goes hard with a car sub

Attached: images (4).jpg (480x640, 38.1K)

Generally, no. For the centre channel to work, the receiver will have to be in a 5.1 or some other surround mode in which case you get that crappy tinny surround sound.

Damn, too bad, i'll have to settle for mono sound then. Unless i find a way to sum L & R into the center speaker rather than using the center out, and keeping stereo output to the JVc's. Theoretically that would reduce the stereo image but would still work, right ?

>I output my audio from my laptop as 2 channel stere
No. If you were outputting 5.1 sound you could use equalizer apo to upmix 2.0 to 3.0, try fiddling with that. Also for a free upgrade place your center speaker vertically.

Would that work ? or will it blow something out ?
I could also use the "B" set ouf outputs to send to the bookshelfs becaue the amp has an on/off switch for both A and B

Attached: steup.jpg (1738x1002, 300.09K)

Just put it in to Dolby Pro Logic II Music mode or whatever it is on your receiver? It up-mixes to use all available channels.

What your asking for is impossible just get more speakers

Duh your Gonna blow it up if you don't know if it's Gonna work it won't just set it up like any other one

maybe multi channel stereo mode (aka Ext. Stereo) might do it

Do you smoke weed? Do psychs? If not then scrap this whole thing. It's not going to be worth it. Get some apple earbuds and call it a day, maybe some JBL speakers secondhand.

Come on it's not rocket science man, i'm fairly into audio but i never had passive speakers before, only active monitors so i'm a bit confused about the specifics of wiring and impedance and stuff.
It is 100% possible with software, something like a mid/side eq would do the trick but i would have to have to feed two oututs from an external audio interface into two separate amps to do it. too much of a hassle like that.
Tried that but i only get small bursts of faint
L&R sounds from the side speakers and the center channel becomes the main output, not really what i'm after.

This setup i drew would change the impedance for the center channel right ? it's an 8ohm speaker so i would need to keep the amp at 8-16ohm or reduce it to 4-8ohm ?

Attached: steup2.jpg (1738x1002, 296.78K)

Why bother? Most decent 5.1 amps will do this anyway your solutions are a problem looking for a solution.

You should just get a sound bar

Because i have the stuff already ? Why would i cosoom more than i need ? Plus sound bars will never sound better than the speakers i have.
Idk if you read my op but this IS a 5.1 amp, for which i don't need the 5.1 capability since i only listen to stereo sources.
I want the center channel to play the mono, and the side speakers to play the stereo information.

Why not just run two Center speakers
You stupid fuck that's what a 5.1 amp does already you don't need retarded cross wiring shit holy fuck

That what it does when you feed it 5.1 audio, not two channel stereo with no center channel specific information

>That what it does when you feed it 5.1 audio, not two channel stereo with no center channel specific information
Geee I don't know what do you think surround sound amps have been doing for 40 years then you stooge?

bypassing every other speaker than the main left and right to play stereo (2ch) music ? I'm not sure i understand your question

I'm done with this thread why can't this fucking moron just wire up a normal 5.1 speaker system and let the amp to the upmixing from stereo? I can tell this idiotic fucking dumbass hasn't even used a real surround sound amp otherwise he wouldn't make this fuck ass backwards dumbshits thread.

Listen moron you cannot use 5.1 as that moronic 3.0 setup it will sound like shit your front channel will have voice music and sfx on one monk channel the sides will also not work because you have to either have side or rear channels and the effect really wont work with only 3 fucking speakers (not even a sub)
If it was 4.1 you might get away with it but your wanting to take a wheel off a car and turn it into a Morgan 3 wheel. Just either buy a car or a motor bike don't do this stupid fuax stereo aids surround sound shit.

Some tvs have the ability to use their stereo speakers as a Center channel only when used in surround mode with a real sound system not this sound bar tier shit

Jesus dude I figured all this out in my teens wtf are you doing? Either stick with stereo or surround not both

Attached: 1655323423741.jpg (537x629, 17.87K)

lol don't get so worked up dude

Because it costs money that i don't have to put towards a bedroom tv watching setup. I already have a music studio with good active monitors that i can use if i want autistically accurate listening.
Here I just want to make use of the things i got for free when getting speakers and speaker stands. I didn't seek out a surround AV receiver and a center channel, but now that i have them i'm trying to figure out how to make the best out of them. I will never use 5.1, i don't care for it at all, i just want decent sound quality in my bedroom when watching a movie or listening to a few songs.