Starting to realize how expensive eating out is now that i live on my own. what’s some cheap and easy food...

starting to realize how expensive eating out is now that i live on my own. what’s some cheap and easy food? i’ve just been eating ramen and i’m starting to feel the malnutrition

Attached: 41F4298B-B94D-4F29-8EE7-A4E6F716FB24.jpg (640x709, 77.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pillsbury.com/recipes/grands-cheesy-bbq-cups/06f2b3af-a532-46ed-aac0-848126c34bd8
ragu.com/our-recipes/baked-chicken-rice/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

learn to cook rice and pasta and raw meats to go along with it

buy a huge fucking thing of huel

Search Youtube faggot

>learn to cook rice and pasta
so learn to boil water?

That's just cooking in general.
Boil up some water and chuck some shit into it and hope it tastes good.

that's ok for carbs, potatoes work well too

chicken, eggs, chicken broth for soups, bacon. Veggies are usually cheap too, and don't forget about fruit (buy a cople different types). We all went through this user, you'll be fine.

Uh, yeah not really at all. Most cooking is done in a pan, or an oven dish.

Not necessarily with the cost of food going up in some places it's actually cheaper to grab something from somewhere it's the delivery that hurts your wallet

pillsbury.com/recipes/grands-cheesy-bbq-cups/06f2b3af-a532-46ed-aac0-848126c34bd8

ragu.com/our-recipes/baked-chicken-rice/

Portion and freeze your left overs

Something I lived off in college was Mac n cheese with tuna sandwich, ate it almost every day - $1.50 total

Also, shop at Aldi’s, the food is slightly sub par but insanely cheaper

forgot two essentials: vegetable oil (olive, others might be cheaper but they're also unhealthy) and/or butter.

Also lerning to season will make all the difference, but that can wait if you're short on money. Just make sure to buy salt.

>ham
>bread
>sliced cheese (can still be quality cheese like provolone or swiss)
>mayo
>pre-shredded lettuce
>onions, tomatoes.etc
should cost maybe 20 bucks for sandwich ingredients, maybe less if you go for really cheap shit. But it will last you at least a week. Which means you'll already be saving a ton on food

Vegetables and shit

Chicken breasts or drumsticks can go for 99cents/lb
Get rice, bread, pasta, potatoes.
Get chicken.
Buy veggies and cheap fruits that are on sale.
Learn to cook these, can do it in bulk so you don't have to cook every day

Learn to cook and buy your meats raw. ~$7 can get you enough chicken to last over a week. Rice is super cheap and lasts a long time. Big thing of spaghetti for $3 lasts a while too.

terrible advice, bad diet and he'll never learn how to cook

Home made refried beans are fucking awesome.
Rice dishes are also amazing.
Both are cheap, but if you get good at making foods with them, you'll not only be eating cheap, but like a King as well — depending on what you have with them.

You can probably get some good tips on /ck/, depending on what kind of mood they're in. There's plenty of rredditt faggots there, now, but you can usually tell the difference between the real deal ant the fucking children. Start out easy and always read the directions. To the supermarket!

a good pasta sauce can go a long way. try to cook things you can make batches on then freeze.
Soups, pasta sauces, curry sauces, mashed potatoes, etc

>take shit in pan
>bake at 350F until toothpick inserted at center comes out clean
>eat shitcake
>checkem
>thegame

how the fuck are sandwiches bad diets? you can literally put whatever nutrition you need in a sandwich, plenty of carbs, protein, vitamins from the veggies.etc Same with soup, you really can't go wrong

carton of like 35 eggs is only a few cents more than the carton of 12. They don't need to be refrigerated. Add a 10lb bag of potatos and a couple bags of frozen vegetables and a couple loaves of wheat bread. thats less than $20 for over a week of food. eat boiled eggs, hash browns, baked potatos, oven fries, fried egg sandwiches etc with vegetables. It'll keep you relatively full and healthy.

Cooking really sucks when you live alone. I mostly lived off of microwave dinners just adding some cheese and seasoning maybe some lunch meat to make them better. If you have a decent size freezer I suggest buying a big tupperware collection and then you can make 5-6 meals at once. Yes it will suck to eat the same thing every day which is why you need a ton of tupperware containers. You cook for five days and then you have your meals for the month.

american spotted

I lived alone for awhile and the best thing to do is buy what meat, vegetables, and fruits you want to eat when you want to eat it, and have your basic stuff at home like potatoes, rice, dried pasta, flour, some canned stuff like whatever fish or beans and stuff. You need to eat fresh so when you buy bread don't get huge loafs just get enough for you for dinner today then use the rest for toast tomorrow.

You need to get spices and sauces and vinegars and all that stuff bit by bit which you'll use in cooking.

Then you can figure out what you want to cook, say if you want a steak dinner you get 1 steak and cook 1 or 2 potatoes and a handful of green beans. Make a gravy out of the pan juices and flour with a little stock (keep the leftover stock and make soup tomorrow, or make loads of gravy and drink it).

I added some cheese seasoning to your moms butthole and shit was SO cash

He’s not trying to be jacked healthy, he’s trying to get enough nutrients to survive

He doesn’t have the money to “learn how to cook”, learning how to cook new dishes usually leads to a lot of waste as you screw up, not to mention investing in good pots, cutting boards, knives, etc. plus, if you can’t afford good ingredients, you’ll learn bad habits.

Sure, learn how to make spaghetti sauce if you want, but after buying a good can of San marzano, you’ve already spent more than a cheap can of Heinz.

The recipes I posted use raw meat, dry rice, and the only prepared parts are the sauces.

Clearly you’ve never been poor. We don’t eat ramen with an egg because it’s good or easy (which it is both), but because a package costs $.25

It’s1am in Europe, go to bed

Terrible advice, especially implying someone who can’t afford fast food should be grilling steaks. You also told him to go spend $100 on various other things that aren’t main ingredients. Finally, you told him to buy artisan bread instead of cheap loaves of white