/spg/ - SmartPhone General

new kid on the block

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: NOTHING (1).jpg (1080x1348, 96.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5VsTbS0qWa0?t=775
youtube.com/watch?v=Zukzc2YeaP4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok I need some help please. I dropped my phone (Samsung Galaxy A20) while I was running. Immediately as I picked it up the screen was completely black however the music I was listening to was still playing and my running app was still working. Even now, I can connect my headphones to the phone using Bluetooth and when I plug it in to a charger the phone buzzes and I can turn the volume up and down. Seemingly it is only the screen that's not working. My theory is that the screen was disconnected from the battery by the jolt of the fall. I have three questions.

Is it possible that the screen is just disconnected from the power source or is that too simplistic?
If that's a possibility, how hard would this be to investigate myself and are there any resources online that could show me how to do this myself?
If I took this to a repair shop, how likely are they to try and scam me out of a bunch of money by just insisting the screen needs to be replaced without first investigating whether there's some other fix?

I anticipate that you might get these kinds of questions all the time and you might find them tiresome or stupid or whatever, so thankyou for anyone who takes time to read all of this and reply.

Should I get an iphone SE 3rd gen or spend just a bit more and get an iphone 11?

>Sony themselves said that camera phones will outperform DSLRs by the mid 20s
>Companies investing heavily into mobile camera tech
>The camera is one of the most important factors that's considered when buying a smartphone
>Optics, technology and sensors getting better every year

Meanwhile /SPG/:

>"NOOOOOO All smartphones have shit cameras! A smartphone will never take any good photos! Ever!"

Attached: Pros-and-Cons-iPhone-13-Pro-Camera-Review.jpg (1800x900, 223.27K)

My mi 9t battery is starting to shit the bed, but I see no reason to buy a new phone otherwise. Anyone had good luck with replacement batteries?

Whats his problem

Attached: 1642403281386.png (300x168, 7.14K)

Any opinion on moto edge 20 pro? I see people often recommend poco f3 instead but I can get the former in person at pretty much the same price without needing to deal with online sellers.

The smartphone killed the DSLR jew. There still are a few shills here and there, but no one will think otherwise.

Shit software and software support. Common chink ROM issues such as crazy throttling and 60Hz limit in most applications. Locked bootloaders as well, all the meme flagship downsides such as no jack and sd card, with none of the vhink perks either, such as IR blaaster, and often even missing meme flagship perks such as an IP rating.

What is the end goal of the refresh rate schizo?

now this is cope
high grade copium

>Trans(gender)parent
Why

zoomers get the rope

Attached: ev20yNUdYKawDvNeU4DHycczxiTTFA9NWIxofyhZ.jpg (3264x2448, 1.09M)

>vidya

Attached: 1631506123571.png (600x2028, 245.01K)

Does design matter? Samsung flagship phones are more beautiful than iPhone but no one seems to care about it. But at least that will look like iPhone X with case

Both Apple and Samsung phones look good. Even budget models from both of them have some sort of cohesion and uniformity.

Meanwhile most Chink brands have zero thought put into their design and look ugly as sin.

Remember the Realme 8? It still to this day holds the crown for the ugliest smartphone I have ever seen

zoomsters gtfo

Attached: rab98p5zmKYWQvpeMFws43RbE1hKBgrPKRtWjuDS.jpg (3264x2448, 1.13M)

is he right?
youtu.be/5VsTbS0qWa0?t=775

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 10-43-27 Sam Hyde complaining about Technology for 15 min.png (1280x720, 632.1K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Zukzc2YeaP4

Sony Xperia 1 IV disassembled on video

Whats a good alternative to the Samsung Galaxy a52 that's available in Canada? Will be on Fido. The a53 5g is available here but I would rather save money and get a last year model. I do see some a52 international versions on amazon but some of the reviews are bad/say they are locked for Indian sim cards only. Also want a headphone jack.

N64 is pretty zoomer tho

Any recommendation to spoof two different, static locations to two different apps?