M1 users, how would you improve it?

What needs improving?
What features would you like to see added in the future?

>files.catbox.moe/1s3ykh.mp4

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 2.57.07 AM.png (1926x1280, 2.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/1s3ykh.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

homosexuals go to hell and suffer eternal torture, faggot!

sounds like someone is picrel

Attached: u.jpg (612x612, 30.55K)

Native M1 GPU drivers for Linux would be nice.

Being able to use the hardware excellerated x86 decoder thingy from kernel space would be cool, would like to be able to run an x86 vm at the speeds provided by Rosetta 2

nice hoodie, bottom

sneed, faggot!

I'm waiting for the M2 Air. Seems like it has what I need:
>M2 just a slight bump in performance from M1
>Largel screen with smaller bezels
>better keyboard
>OLED display
>near-black chassis

Attached: file.png (868x488, 252.96K)

>What needs improving?
everything
>What features would you like to see added in the future?
none, adding features may make it actually a good (though still not real) computer, which is bad because we couldn't make fun of iToddlers then
yet it's just a cucked toy so homosexuals can out themselves as absolutely tech illiterate by revealing their macbook

- do something about. always being soldered in....
- eGPU
- something with less gpu power that I could use an eGPU or PCI-e card on a Mac Pro. largely because a) I don't always do GPU heavy tasks and b) GPUs largely outpace CPU development. hell my m1 pro is already like 3x better in CPU benches alone compared to the 4th gen i7 desktop I main.

I'd prefer an ortholinear 1u-only keyboard layout because it's more comfortable for me, and more space-efficient. I don't know if the Japanese M1/M2 models offer Japanese layouts either, but I would prefer to have that option as I need such alt language switching keys. I'd also prefer to use Win 10. No webcam notches, or better, no cams. In short, while the display and processing capabilities are good, my personal needs and interests don't match the Apple audience, which is a shame. If only MS' surface devices had better hardware inside.

>files.catbox.moe/1s3ykh.mp4

Attached: copium.png (400x388, 80.24K)

what is this?

>native default PDF reader, native default CSV reader, those kinds of things. don't make me download third party software to handle extremely common filetypes, please.
>native MSPaint-style image editor, sometimes i need to quickly put an arrow or circle on an image.
>allow users without Apple ID to download apps from app store, because they're just downloading them from elsewhere.
>since you're making laptops with specific machine learning processing, you should create your own ML development suite like Conda and Google Colab and include it by default.
>why do i need to restart my computer to update xcode... can't you tweak things so that it updates without restart? and can update automatically?
>when detecting newly-installed applications with known Terminal launch commands (ex: "jupyter notebook" to launch a jupyter notebook server in current directory), update the path and commands so that i don't have to.

Attached: kat.png (460x529, 323.93K)

These are mostly gripes with the os itself

- natively snap windows (i know about swish and rectangle, I dont want to have to download them, the functionality should come with macos)
- ability to control volume of each app
- more gaming support
- for the love of god please fix facetime, qucklooks, and the esc key malfuntion caused by siri, they crash once a day

also does anyone know the best way to screen record on mac during a call? I need to capture audio while also being able to hear it during the capture session.

I have an M1 air sitting in a box unused that my company sent me. I'd say not allowing iCloud accounts which prevent installation of free(beer) software from the app store would be a good start. There should be usb ports on both sides, and not so close together. I can't even plug in a USB-C thumb drive and charge at the same time without a dongle.

m1 macbook air speedtest

so? why did you reply with it

more gaming support pls

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 3.32.05 AM.png (1826x1136, 2.59M)

>black
lol, you've never owned a black aluminum laptop, have you?
it is constantly covered in smudges and fingerprints
no matter how often you clean it, you always look like a disgusting neckbeard with greasy cheeto fingers when you pull out your laptop

Attached: th-1090866164.jpg (474x265, 17.09K)

they fixed most issues with the max/pro laptops, as in magsafe and usb/hdmi ports. however the nudge they introduced is the most retarded design decision any computer manufacturer has ever made. it's laugable how the fanboys defend it.

get the mini or the studio and you'll be fine.

I mostly like it but it seems way too buggy on 3rd party software that ran fine on the Intel chip. Technically that's not apple's fault but also I was advertised magic compatibility

preview is the default pdf viewer, though it is lacking, also i believe numbers is the default csv viewer. You can also quickly put an arrow/circle on images using quicklook/preview.

speedtest is opening up file manager windows, webshits and pdfs?
great speedtest.

you get use to it after a while, and if u dont like it you can just hide it.

lets see a windows laptop do the same with the same number of tabs without the fan going off like a jet engine