How did you learn to program?

How did you learn to program?

Attached: 28f8964984c3e3e8953efc05f185a482.png (242x320, 123.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/MSDN_Library_Visual_Studio_6.0_Disc_1_X03-73118_Microsoft_1998
open.appacademy.io/login
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>stackoverflow.com
>installing linux, having nothing to do on computer except program
>no social life

school

Multimedia fusion

unironically learncpp.com

This bad boy.
archive.org/details/MSDN_Library_Visual_Studio_6.0_Disc_1_X03-73118_Microsoft_1998

learnxinyminutes, learned algos from mitocw/sfu

i just threw shit at the wall

Im on it but I'm too brainlet

saw my bigger bro coding in C++ and I started learning it myself

did he take your virginity too?

My best bro went to a coding bootcamp and it turned his life around. Turns out that bootcamp had all their shit online for free if anyone felt crazy enough to put themselves through it. The first half was basically a speedrun of intro programming, OOP, data structures, etc. I remember the hardest project of that first half was having to code Chess from scratch. It was really cool how I went from staring wide-eyed at a blank editor to having something that was like 90% functional within a couple days.

I think that whole half took me about 300 hours total. The second half was a lot of webshit-specific stuff that was pretty outdated by that point so I didn't bother.

On accident while trying to get better at gamemaker.

flowgorithm

Attached: 1654952737369.jpg (1120x1686, 285.84K)

link?

open.appacademy.io/login

Make a fake github and sign in through that. This is their older curriculum that teaches Ruby, it's what got them their reputation as one of the few legit bootcamps because it relentlessly filters the shitters.

They very recently added a newer curriculum that uses Python instead of Ruby. This had me excited until I looked through it and saw that rather than just replacing Ruby with Python, it's a completely different curriculum that's like 1/3 the length and difficulty of the Ruby program. It seems like this bootcamp is under new management that's trying to dumb it down to earn more money. If you try signing up through their homepage instead of the exact link I gave you, it pushes you into the newer one.

Neat, thanks! I'll probably try the python one, afterwards, too, because I've been making python scripts to automate some repetitive tasks in Blender, but mostly by stealing and mixing up code from stack overflow.

SCAR/SRL scripting RuneScape bots

Attached: IMG_0100.gif (500x288, 3.66M)

learncpp.com

what the fuck is a coding bootcamp? do they beat you in your sleep with programming socks?

> On accident while trying to get better at gamemaker.
What version? I used a trial version of 6 through high school, until I found a cracked version of 8 and then 8.1 when I was in uni

>learn basic syntax
>Start working on small projects and problems
>When I can't do something google "how to do x in y"
>Internalise that information
>Repeat
>Read GoF