Arch Linux

>Arch Linux
>KDE
Name a better combo (protip: you can't)

Attached: archlinux-logo-dark-90dpi.ebdee92a15b3.png (600x199, 10.92K)

>Name a better combo (protip: you can't)
I can
>Arch Linux
>GNOME
/thread

Bloat+bloat? Perfect combination to use when eating my bug cereal with oatmilk! Yum! Morning distro! Buy it!

They seethed because he told the truth

>fisher price DE
Yikes

A distro for people who like to waste time configuring things in the most arcane manner to merely approximate the usabiltiy of windows
+
A DE for people who like to waste time configuring things in the most arcane manner to merely approximate the usabiltiy of windows

Because your OS should need a wiki article for the 5 different ways to get your nvidia optimus to work without crashing the kernel, sometimes! And because your DE should need a wiki article to get thumbnails in the file chooser or change the default file sorting method in explorer! Because you had control over what was installed on your computer, even though it breaks every update, and all your extensions that break every update let you craft your own unique arch/gnome experience!

Or you can use KDE for 30 minutes between each crash, that works too

I didn't think gnome had any options to configure?

>Name a better combo
Debian + KDE

Attached: Debian.png (2267x1763, 783.7K)

meds and rōpe

>wants to compile software
>compiling software is out of date
Nice try kiddo

It does, you just need to use regedit or the command line instead of a GUI for settings like you know the thing control.exe and .cpl files gave us way back in 1995. Apparently people were smarter back then. Oh wait, linux has 1.2% market share and I'm pretty sure less than half of that is gnome and windows rules the world... nevermind

Well lincucks lusers, you can always use XFCE. It actually somewhat copies a competently designed OS from 27 years ago.

Attached: 1655357715873.png (650x449, 344.95K)

>out of date
So update it? You DO know how to do that, right?

For me it is "sudo pacman -Syu" but I'd love to hear how you do it

>ends up having bugs and security holes anyways
windows ltsc figured this out a long long time ago instead of trying to get you to use outdated versions of literally everything as if the package jannies are competent enough to truly ensure the stability of that many programs

Debian + Cinnamon.

>gets filtered by sources.list so has to change the whole distro instead

Gentoo + dm

A troons favorite combo

for me it's "syu"
alias syu="sudo pacman -Syu"

0 reason to use anything but arch or gentoo
arch when you just want to get things done
gentoo if you're autistic about control
every other distro wastes your time