My mom wants me to build her a PC since "I am the computer guy"

She is an accountant and her laptop is dying so she wants me to build her a PC. I got some components here from my old pre-built, these are:

>i7-7700
>GTX 1070
>32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz
>an old 2TB HDD
>an old 512GB (cheap model)
>an old 256GB NVMe
>350w proprietary PSU which I ripped out gently
>200mL of old thermal paste
>no motherboard

So, other than the motherboard and case, am I missing anything? I am planning on building her a case made entirely out of wood because she likes nature, or do I have to put the stuff in a normal PC case and encase it with wood?

Attached: generic female using a computer.jpg (275x183, 5.74K)

Monitor mouse + keyboard

Oh yes, I forgot. I have a cheap 25" curved monitor that I am not using, and I also have a black gaming keyboard with non-RGB lighting. In addition to that, I also have an old mouse dating back to 2010 which I use as a backup. I guess I will give it to her after a thorough clean.

That PSU can't power that build, but it can power it if you take out the GPU, which you should do anyway.

Maybe I should downgrade the GPU since she isn't a gamer. Now that I think about it, I think I have a 700w PSU from Corsair I think somewhere.

Post your mother's pussy
Then I'll give you a build

Attached: 1629308774381.jpg (239x251, 15.83K)

The Intel integrated graphics are enough

Just get a Mac Mini.

I7-7700 has a decent IGPU chipset, you should be good to go with no GPU. Just top her off with some extra Ram sticks though.

>She is an accountant
Arch Linux with Libre Office user.

>linux
OP said the pc has an nvidia gpu

macbook air + apple care if you love her (and if she is mac-curious, especially if she already has an iphone, just ask her).
If she used to use a laptop, she probably wants to continue using a laptop, apple's OS is pretty good for being a bullshit operating system (but I don't use windows or apple, I need linux for reasons, but I have tried out apple's OS in a VM).
You should still buy a motherboard while they could be cheap and buy a case, and sell off on ebay with pick up as the only option (good choice if you have sold stuff on ebay or craigslist before, and live in a tech metropolis city, in canada we have kijiji).
Probably could sell for $500 minimum (just for the PC, no monitor or peripherals) if you use a firm price, probably will cost $200 for getting your parts (but if you auction and or ship, shipping requires you to disassemble the components and carefully wrap everything). Ebay bidding can be really aggressive, lots of people over pay for stuff, if you make the PC look cool (buy a cool case, keep the factory scratch protector on it) and make the listing professional (add a video, show how the PC is packaged, hd photos) people might overpay for it.

>apple's OS is pretty good for being a bullshit operating system
*no-bullshit
but I would admit that it is bullshit if you visit Any Forums everyday and see the complaints, but I think windows 11 is enough of a reason to ignore all the minor issues that apple has.
Also forgot to mention that you should check the refurbished store for like a $200 discount on a macbook air, and it qualifies for apple care.

just get her another laptop seriously don't waste your time with building a PC you absolute moron

This. And install your mom ArchLinux with LibreOffice.

>no motherboard
HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(kek.exe has stopped working)

Attached: 0iXxNap.jpg (1462x1462, 189.08K)

i fail to see what's funny about that

>computer is for mom
>forget critical part with mother literally in the name
hope you get grounded

Tell her to go buy one, or you will forever be her IT department. But go with her and help her pick one out with good specs so she's not getting fucked over by brick and mortar sellers on commission.

She's an accountant. She doesn't need 32GB or RAM. She could get away with a Lenovo ThinkCenter all in one. And it'll look nice and professional, so she'll like that. Also, Lenovo's Think* support is great. I've had to send two Thinkpads back over the years and it was absolutely painless.

good morning sir

Buy her an APU or Intel CPU with iGPU. Sell CPU and GPU to cover costs.

>motherboard (sometimes known as mainboard, or as i've recently taken to calling it, masterboard)

>those specs
Does she play games too kek