Numblock

Does your keyboard have a wagie pad? Do you ever use it? I don't.

Attached: 1200px-Numpad.svg.png (1200x1474, 147.79K)

>wagie pad
It's a standardized macropad that you get for free and that all software running on an IBM PC compatible can recognize and make use of, since it sends different keycodes. You can bind those keys to any action you want.

In fact, it's not just one, but TWO programmable macropads: the navigation cluster toggled by numlock also sends distinct keycodes, meaning that those can be bound to different actions as well.

It also happens to be convenient to type numbers and doing basic arithmetic, but that's a minor benefit in comparison.

It is understandable to dislike its placement on a typical keyboard, but that's why standalone numpads exist.

Yes, and I use it a lot actually for games
feels comfy

>ASKUALLY it's a standardized macropad that you get for free and that all software running on an IBM PC compatible can recognize and make use of, since it sends different keycodes. You can bind those keys to any action you want. In fact, it's not just one, but TWO programmable macropads: the navigation cluster toggled by numlock also sends distinct keycodes, meaning that those can be bound to different actions as well. It also happens to be convenient to type numbers and doing basic arithmetic, but that's a minor benefit in comparison. It is understandable to dislike its placement on a typical keyboard, but that's why standalone numpads exist.

Attached: 8611316142_a105d08b94_b.jpg (768x1024, 208.84K)

I think in Thief or Deus Ex the Quick Save/Load buttons were + and /. I thought it was retarded at first, but I got used to it quickly.

based

No idea what point you're trying to make here.

Playing roguelikes without numpad isn't comfy.

Shut the fuck up wagie

i have broad shoulders so the keypad is supposed to be there
you have a broad's shoulders so getting rid of it is something for you and your small, woman-like frame to consider

>free
aksually you lose valuable space on your desk for keys that already exist on the rest of your keyboard

you got filtered by an inability to muscle memorize the number row, and it's okay to admit it.

I work completely on laptops now, Mac and Windows, but I use a $20 bluetooth numpad for things like Blender and the Creative Suite, and use things like Home and PageDn/Up when editing large text documents. I also used it extensively back in a job where I had to use Excel to make charts and process data - Excel without a numpad is just torture.

I'm guessing you're 12, have never had a job, and aren't smart enough to understand how useful they can be, especially with your childish 'wagie" nonsense.

>aksually you lose valuable space on your desk
Some of us are adults who don't have to work on tiny IKEA desks mommy bought them.

Ironically, I'm working on an IKEA table I bought until I pick up a real desk from my Dad that he got from his Dad.

>Do you ever use it
Typing in CAD coordinates. Have mouse on left, space mouse and a Shuttle pro (eg for timelines in blender) too

Imagine having such a tiny desk that can't fit even a full size keyboard + mouse
What a faggot

stfu you wide bitch

>for keys that already exist on the rest of your keyboard
Absolutely not. The keys on the numpad have distinct keycodes. Applications can distinguish between numbers typed on the number row and numbers typed on the numpad. They may print the same character if used for writing, but they are different keys.

even my laptop had enough space for a numpad in a compact form factor, I don't get what the deal with troonboard enjoyers is.

fbbbptb
Fancy keyboards have been coming with extra special keys for decades now and everyone's got a numpad they can map software to without needing a fancy keyboard.

Want to take a screenshot with a third party screenshot tool that doesn't ALSO trigger an in-built "screenshot" in software by actually pressing PrntScr? Bind your third party shit to your numpad. Using VOIP? Bind to numpad.

Even if you don't use it for numbers it's free real estate for true unique keypresses you dumb fucking zoomers.

Zoom Zoom

I use it for games and typing numbers (obviously). Quite often in fact. Imagine doing turbotax without one, or entering phone numbers and addresses.
They aren't making a point. It's part bait thread, and part "let me stroke myself because I have an opinion" thread, hence the buzzwords/rhetoric. These TKL keyboards are a buzz after all, the only real advantage being that they use less horizontal space (at the cost of features).