Macbook Air Thread

Thinking about getting a macbook air so I can try ios development and make some music and videos.
Should I save up and buy the new m2 air? Or is the m1 air still suitable? I would have bought the new m2 but the price went up an extra $200 over the m1 model, and it's still a paltry 8gb.
I was hoping that the release of the m2 would make the m1's price drop but with the m2 being more money, I don't think the price of the m1 air will go down much if at all. In my part of the world, an Air m2 with 8gb of ram is about $1420 (pre-order price, I presume); and an Air m1 with 16gb is $1240
I already have a linux thinkpad, and I use windows at work so I want to own a mac for the first time. I'm also experiencing IT fatigue and want to try a new environment and skillset, hopefully I can revitalize myself because I have a lot of burnot.
>pic related
Any tips/tricks would be appreciated, as well as any links you have for learning xcode or music/video production.
Also if you have experience with the m1 air please let me know your feelings. Thanks.

Attached: 1635814634704.jpg (1600x1200, 505.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air/with-m1-chip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is the dude in the back holding the CRT?

I don't know, that isn't the picture I meant to post.

Attached: 1644320205735.jpg (750x744, 94.77K)

Please don't post nsfw images on a blue board.

Attached: 1631327421802.gif (460x306, 3.08M)

FWIW the entire Air line dropped $100, starting with the M1 at 899. Check Apple’s website.

I see $999 still:
apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air/with-m1-chip

Attached: 1650369240230.jpg (690x900, 219.25K)

I’ll be damned! I wish I’d taken a screenshot. But yeah, must’ve been a glitch, shit!

They are 899 with a student discount, which they don't really verify.

Yeah it’s basically a free discount

>4:3 image, beige computer, windows 98 so picture was taken sometime between 1998-2001 at least
>an office with wooden furnishings, given that and his outfit it might be a school or somewhere less corporate
>guy in foreground is a fat fetishist, clearly, given his wallpaper, despite being in a workplace
>his nearby coworkers either don't give a shit or he's so bold that he himself doesn't give a shit. given his expression it could be either
>guy across from him holding the monitor up. maybe it fell off the stand?
What an interesting photo

Bought an m1 air last week for me and my partner. I haven't used any apple products in the past decade until now, for the price the laptop performs pretty well. The amount you are able to customize macos compared to windows is great, still worse than linux just because there's less community support. I'm not a fan of the design of the m2 macbook air, looks too much like the pros for me.

Sure it’s good but native iOS development is a meme. Apple has proved time and time again more than any other company they will always shove a fist up their dev’s assholes. Plus only so many people have iPhones.

The air is a respectable laptop though, nothing wrong with it.

wrong board currynigger

This sirs. Only the windows bhai is the white man OSs, sirs. Do not redeem the mac.

pathetic

rajeesh fuck off, this is the gentoo board

please sir do the needful and take your pills.

I feel like there's a lot more Mac lovers on Any Forums than there used to be. Is this the zoomers?

wrong board currynigger

Apple silicon is at least something new to talk about, even if it ends up being shit. The value of the M1 air is actually decent for the price for hardware, no longer paying a premium for hardware is a big deal. MacOS is better in most ways to windows. There are people here who pay attention and try products instead of just jerking of and blindly hating because of brand/logo.

If you just want the most fun machine to fuck around on, m1 256/8.

If you want something that will make you productive doing work or studying, then the m2 24gb model. The m2 in general for the screen and still smol laptop body. Honestly though consider MacBook Pro just for the displays unless you want to use displaylink.