Wine

Is it good now?

Attached: wine20stable.png (649x522, 199.22K)

It's come along way in the past few years, thanks Valve.

It will always lag behind but it's good enough.

gayben made it near native, at least for games

No, it still sucks for anything that isn't MS paint.

The best.

>Wine 2.0 as in the screenshot?
Yes.
>latest Wine 7.0?
No.

Only for games.

Yes, but Wayland will soon kill it off.

No, it still only runs crapware designed for use on PajeetOS/Windows.

This has to be bait.

no it's bad. especially for anything that requires 3D. for basic programs and 2D stuff it's better than windows because 16-bit compatibility. but running 3D shit. good fucking luck

Thanks to DXVK, VKD3D and Valve you can play gaymes without problems (except for anti cheat ones), like Apex, Elden Ring, and other popular games using DX(9-12)

For normal programs like Photoshop and others, Bottles make a very good job because you can have different Prefixes without the problem of the Dependencies shit

Lutris scripts are good for games like League Of Legends and OSU

Heroic Games Launcher (Epic Games alternative) just works if you have Proton GE installed.

Linux gaming is pretty good nowadays and that is why I use it.

I use Arch Linux (and i am not a programmer, just a hobbyist), and I haven't started my windows partition in about 5 months

If someone is searching for a Gayming Distro, Novara is pretty good, it comes already with all the necessary tweaks, Wine Gaming, steam and other shit, just like Fedora but ready for gaming

>Now I notice this is the largest message I ever made for 4chin

Attached: 1655208303290.png (626x510, 612.24K)

It's never been good.
Most things, especially games, take a shitton of work and experimentation to actually get working properly, trying different engines and settings until everything works properly.
The wiki is generally pretty useless, since it's entirely "works on my machine" reports by internet randos.

That said, I've managed to get several (pretty old) Windows games running pretty well on my Apple Silicon Mac, which satisfies my retro gaming itch.

I'm impressed it even runs fl studio

Almost any software works, minus some anticheat games.
Easy anti-cheat games can be played, all they need is for the Dev to enable them.
Apex legends work user.

Other ones I know that work are fall guys and rogue company

>I'm impressed it even runs fl studio

Why would you want to do that to yourself?

what's wrong ?

No, and it's permanently crippled because the more usable Crossover version is a commercial product, and anytime someone writes a frontend (PlayOnLinux et al.) it quickly becomes abandonware because no one donates as Linux users expect developers to work for free.

>number high therefore it good

It's not. You've just eaten so much bait from Microsoft that you think everything is bait now.

What else would wine run other than Windows programs?

Bottles solved this already.

Read the () user, I play Apex lol

Attached: 1655184193991.jpg (500x375, 25.94K)