Gn125 is weak and I have to use too much throttle on uphills to keep up with cars and other 125s...

>gn125 is weak and I have to use too much throttle on uphills to keep up with cars and other 125s, bringing the mpg down to 70
>doesn't get past 65~70kmh and if I try to the rpm goes up high (like a slippery clutch, but the same doesn't happen at slower speeds) and it makes a weird smell, I suppose it's burnt oil
>it sporadically fails, like, I push the throttle and the air sucking noise is weak, as if it's running out of gas (but it's not), and makes a couple explosion pop sounds
>it rarely holds up in neutral for long
>pulling the clutch makes it stall in neutral if I don't rev first

Attached: images - 2022-02-27T101005.843.jpg (400x300, 33.81K)

Cool story bro.

This sounds like an /o/ thread, ngl. You'd have better luck there.

This, or >>/diy/

I've often had better luck on Any Forums

This is why you don't spend $600 on a motorcycle you absolute retard. I hope you've got a will and last testament written up, you're gonna need it riding that unsafe piece of shit

Attached: 1629341609325.jpg (357x447, 24.34K)

I paid 780 for this piece of shit and i make 200 a month in Brazil, plus another 200 with the delivery work that I'm doing with it

check it for vacuum leaks and do a carb flush or a rebuild depending on how varnished up the seals are

Have you pulled the spark plugs and taken a look? The gap may have gotten too large. Also, you might be able to see if they got fouled up by oil or excess gasoline. Also, some of the stuff upstream of the spark plugs may not be working as well as they need to.

If you see the plugs fouled with oil, replace the cylinder head valve seals. While the heads are off, measure the cylinder bores. If within spec, you can hone and install piston rings. If not, you would either need to rebore the cylinders and fit oversize pistons, or maybe you have to buy a set of new cylinder jugs and pistons.
If you do either of these cylinder jobs, it is a good time to roll in new crank bearings.

I'll take the spark plug and see how it is. Can I have a mechanic do the rest or will he rip me off if I bring it to him

I suggest meeting motorcycle enthusiasts in your area. They might know what shops have a good reputation and which ones don't.

Also, these engines are simple, you could learn to DIY this stuff.

I was thinking about another thing since you live in Brazil. Does your gasoline have ethanol in it? Some older carbs don't last when exposed to fuel containing some ethanol, and engines without O2 sensors tend not to work so well with that stuff. Look into rebuild kits that hold up better with gasoline/ethanol blends.

I live in the USA, and numerous states forced everybody to use 10% ethanol gasoline. It was bad news for classic cars with carb engines.

Some carbs would even corrode internally because that shitty gasoline, making it a must to locate carb rebuilder with special rebuilding equipment.

Motorcycle engines like yours can be very simple. You can learn to DIY this job if you can locate an automotive machinist, or you can buy a piston plus cylinder combo.

>the rpm goes up high (like a slippery clutch, but the same doesn't happen at slower speeds) and it makes a weird smell, I suppose it's burnt oil
i suppose its clutch
tiem for a new clutch friendo
and a bigger engine

Attached: lost mah wrench.jpg (640x480, 44.9K)

Yeah, he will need a clutch while he does those other repairs.
The motorcycle may have been sold cheap because paying a mechainc is more than it is worth, but it is worthwhile to a DIY-er.

Had a mechanic open the clutch, said the discs are fine

Our gas has 25% ethanol
I often choose gas with addictives I think it helps prevent rust and dirt buildup

The bike was sold at normal price
It was from the public mail company, a bunch of these were sold at auctions bc they were getting newer bikes, a mechanic bought some, fixed some stuff and I bought this one from him

Its a 125 what did you expect?
Get at least a 500 if you want any power

Right now it's weaker than 100ccs

Clean carbs.
Adjust carbs.
Problem solved.

Greetings from /o/
I have a feeling that the discs are worn past spec. They might have enough friction material left to appear good but if they're too thin it decreases the amount of pressure the springs can apply, which would cause slipping at high speed, the decrease in power and the burning smell because they're causing too much heat as they slip.
Clutch packs have to be thick enough to have tension on the springs. Once they wear down the springs aren't compressed enough to have sufficient clamping force.

Oh is fucking shit I gave up on car culture years ago it's also shit

/o/ was good once.
We had fabricators and racers.
Now it's busriders and GTA.

>/o/ was good once.
>We had fabricators and racers.
>Now it's busriders and GTA.
I was there for about a decade initially it was good in late 00s early 2010s then it went to shit

Met some anons from there even they turned into normies got the vax etc ghosted me and I knew some of them for almost a decade

Shit sucks and it's one of the most the most sterile boards

Same with cars now everything is overpriced fuck the last two years as well so much so I gave up on my projects junked them all and went back to my daily Shitbox