Tons of perfectly usable older CPUs out there

>tons of perfectly usable older CPUs out there
>motherboards for those CPUs are almost nonexistent

This is not okay.

Attached: DSC00001.jpg (3072x2304, 2.58M)

LINE GOES UP NIGGER

there's plenty if you want dell, hp, or lenovo motherboards that don't conform to the atx standard.

This is mainly a Intel problem. Their mobos are designed to be ewaste.

exactly this, fuck the kike manufacturers

Think of all the smartphones that are perfectly usable but thrown into a landfill because carrier jews cut off 3G support.

fuck intel

i should know, thats my socket....

Attached: 175857.png (511x216, 13.5K)

Beast of a CPU back when it came out. How's it holding up today?

its holding pretty good, just a pity doesnt have integrated graphics, using a GT710

It's not intel this time. Mobos genuinely are easier to break, and CPUs are not as easy to break.

Over a period of time, old CPUs get cheaper, since they have tons lying around, but not enough Mobos.

(satan)
have like 5 or 7 socket 478 cpu's and theres no mobos for them, at least on good condition at a reasonable price

Fair enough, but the CPU OP posted is really old... almost 12 years now...

What's stopping people making an adapter for them?

Attached: hot lamp.jpg (600x315, 24.28K)

just buy an older motherboard

Stop being such a stupid fucking antisemite

Check in Aliexpress. Chinks love to make mobos for old sockets.

This lamp got me feeling some kind of way

there are chinese boards, but they are absolute dogshit. most of them don't even have suspend working under windows, so i imagine linux support is horrible.

Well that's bound to happen. CPUs simply don't die unless you overclock the fuck out of them, but mobos are much more fragile.

most of them are refurbs or frankensteined using scavenged parts from broken boards

fpbp

Attached: 1655315104727.png (246x205, 7.64K)

chinks should stop making x79 and x99 boards, I want a decent brand new am3 mobo

My local Fry's had Gigabyte GA-X99-SLI socket 2011-3 motherboards on sale for $79 each around ~2016ish. I bought three. I'm using two of them-- one with the i7 5820k I bought at the time, and one with a Xeon E5 2650v3 that I bought for like $80 last year. I still have a decent upgrade path to the higher core count Xeon E5 v3s and v4s.