Why aren't computers fun anymore?

Why aren't computers fun anymore?

Attached: ob684w6ri3111.jpg (640x521, 47.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/kd83zwnn7abx4yy/Bill Gates.exe/file
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because owning a computer is no longer a hobbyist endeavor.
It's been dumbed down for nigger cattle.

Same as everywhere, hobbies because business venture targets.

The introduction of massive swaths of idiots to the internet via smartphones and the organizations that cater to them.

agile/scrum/kanban

Attached: DJ-_6fuUIAAWeLj.jpg (1920x1080, 145.41K)

They are, you just got old

Still better than my job that has been reduced to training illiterate Indians to code.

> stop noticing obvious fuck ups by jr devs

but they do scrum so well

>You just got old
>No, it's objectively worse!
Generation before that:
>You just got old
Generation before that:
>You just got old
Not talking about computers specifically but this shit keeps happening, people get older and feel like things have turned to shit

still fun but people share less --->problem = constantly angry noobs online

mediafire.com/file/kd83zwnn7abx4yy/Bill Gates.exe/file

Attached: CriminalSlimyBedlingtonterrier-max-1mb.gif (240x171, 957.25K)

So using computers is just as fun for kids today as it was in the 90s? You're telling me that there are middle school kids who get home from school excited to tinker around with software and games and emulators on their pc? Because that's what it was like back then. I couldn't wait come home every afternoon to do that. Somehow I doubt this is what kids are doing today.

It's a limited AI software you can talk to him.

The truth is that (You) aren't fun anymore.

Trying out a new linux distro and the latest steam indie games isn't fun?

Things actually are getting worse though. I can recognize that my parents and grandparents in the 60s had it even better than me, and the generation after me is going to have it even worse than me. If you can't see how much things are deteriorating with every new generation something is wrong with you.

Attached: 42-20040359_1024x1024.jpg (806x1024, 180.43K)

>So using computers is just as fun for kids today as it was in the 90s
For the same type of kid, ye

Sure... And they'll keep saying it a thousand years from now

Because Any Forums{nel} killed the triforce.

Attached: 1655314080480.jpg (806x1024, 179.07K)

There was a time when just seeing this splash screen gave you a sense of wonder and excitement. What's the equivalent of this for today's kids?

Attached: z3XXkqJ-2.png (210x316, 26.19K)

Because they are now made to appease to the minimum common denominator (i.e.

what was making it fun? doing the things you used to in order to have fun won't provide it now, it's just nostalgia
also, people actually use it to work, not for games now

Probably some other logo or some simple shit like that that does nothing for us now and that we can't really understand and dismiss

/thread

No because you can't afford to give users that much amount of freedom to thinker with their systems.
Imagine if somone accidentally broke something instead of having it break in 6 more months due to planned obsolescence... oh no how scary, we can't have that!

>frogger
Unfathomably based

mostly cuz of smartphones

>It's been dumbed down
"John von Neumann, when he first heard about FORTRAN in 1954, was unimpressed and asked "why would you want more than machine language?" One of von Neumann's students at Princeton recalled that graduate students were being used to hand assemble programs into binary for their early machine. This student took time out to build an assembler, but when von Neumann found out about it he was very angry, saying that it was a waste of a valuable scientific computing instrument to use it to do clerical work."
You "hobbyists" are part of the problem.

i think you're just uninspired. if i wasn't so spent from work i'd be building an IoT network and wargaming red/blue teams in cyber attacks. i also want to build my own weather station and deploy a machine learning model (classification) to predict upcoming inclement weather. if i had more time i'd buy a smartphone and attempt to nuke it to its core function (call/text/internet) so i could build my own app ecosystem, for example, my own email server and client, different function apps, etc with the goal being to build a privacy-guaranteed smartphone.

there's so much you can do nowadays that was really difficult/impossible to do in a practical timeframe just a few years ago, but most modern developers build reduction instead of feature expansion / experimentation.

Attached: 1639581850367.jpg (640x645, 86.62K)

What year was that sc taken?

And it will still be true