How can one country make some of the most cutting-edge technology on earth back in the day be like this today?

How can one country make some of the most cutting-edge technology on earth back in the day be like this today?

Attached: Japan_like_IE.png (1504x1208, 394.16K)

Microsoft Edge has an "internet explorer" mode, it's fine

Those japs are starting to piss me off
Wtf is wrong with you japs stop using old technology

which photo do they mean?

Attached: 1624211764348.png (581x96, 20.4K)

Come home, Japan. Come home.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 12-15-13 Mozilla Japan コミュニティポータル.png (544x218, 16.24K)

Are they really producing cutting edge tech anymore tho? Companies like Sony are so multi-national that you can't really attribute them to Japan, and Nintendo tech notoriously sucks.

Internet explorer give more privacy than chrome
strange...

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 201.36K)

honda, toyotas and yamahas are pretty good
but they're not cutting edge

Looks like Japan doesn't have distrohopers. Fellows just use what is most suitable for getting the job done.

I did say "back in the day"

Japanese have a "it works" mindset. They still use fax regularly. A lot of internet "innovation" isnt really essential aside from security updates and the like. The world was almost the same as it is right now in regards to business done by internet.

Think about the many services that are still running on 40 year old code bases. It just works until it just cant be fixed anymore.

I have a Kowa spotting scope that's pretty cutting edge, if optics counts as technology.
Also lots of camera gear.

internal company websites and business websites don't need more than what we had developed in the late 90s.
if web companies weren't obsessed with making an OS out of a browser and turning web surfing into a 3D video game Internet Explorer would be perfectly fine.
I browsed this very board for many years with IE plus other websites such as wikipedia and everything has always gone hyper smooth, not mentioning the native integrations with Windows which were comfy AF

japanese like to make stuff well.simple intuitive and according to some standards .Modern software is garbage stacked on garbage so its no wonder they just use old stuff and ignore it.I would actually like to se japanese make a complete os.They always make stuff simple and usable unlike the germans.

IE wasn't that bad.

cutting ege meaning folowing bulshit trends .
>Muh iot muh smart sensors muh 100 microcontrollers in a car.
>Muh unfixable.
>muh no buttons just put a tablet for everything

it's not like america is any better. Travel agencies still use teletypes.

How exactly will microsoft "shut down" software that runs locally on your computer?

Japanese culture is all about sticking to something and perfecting its use. That's why they had the world's best flip phones. That's why they have really neat traditional shit that we like

Japan never got over the crash of the 90s bubble. Entire country still stuck in their dream. A lot of them never got used to pcs either so digital culture didn't start so well. Their banks and isps suck even more than America's.
Maybe one day they'll wake up from their dream.

Isnt toyota pretty much the only manufacturer that makes hydrogen cars
Cutting edge if you ask me