Let me guess, you need more?

let me guess, you need more?

Attached: 4543543.jpg (611x913, 121.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

untrammeledmind.com/2018/02/so-his-brains-just-squished-rather-than-only-10-there-a-bonsai-brains/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what does "relatively normal" mean in this case?

Fake as hell, the image is from a virtual vegetable who died of complications iirc. There is a dude who has a larger cavity in his head, think 30-40% empty, with a compressed brain. He has an iq of 70, but that's with a full brain that was effectively squashed by fluid.

>He has an iq of 70
average american

Attached: tQRCwYBlWM.gif (500x375, 2.44M)

There are people who remove entire sides of their brain and have normal function though

lmao, no. corpus callosotomy merely separates the brain halves, and has serious complications. Even biopsies of brain material have negative outcomes, let alone evisceration.

No, it's called anatomic hemispherectomy, and they literally remove one half of your brain.

>literally a brainlet søyjack
lol

Attached: 1655308104883.png (207x243, 5.68K)

Debunked
untrammeledmind.com/2018/02/so-his-brains-just-squished-rather-than-only-10-there-a-bonsai-brains/

Wow, sure has some serious negative side effects, but it's pretty impressive how much people adapt. Looks like it for a significant removal it costs you a lot of your vision, motor control, coordination, etc, but your brain is able to adapt most of your higher functions if it's done early enough.

Smartest gamer

>frenchman only has a 10th of his brain
>other frenchmen don't see any difference between him and the typical french man

Attached: 1595947645105.jpg (750x785, 410.49K)

I saw a documentary about a teenage girl who had to do the procedure and she recovered completely, both physical and mental functions were normal. I don't remember how long it took her, but they mentioned she was a good student and was becoming an accountant.

Everything I've seen with people who "recover completely" clearly don't. I'd love to be proven wrong though if you have something to show.

This is so dumb.
We have known for 50 years that it's the surface of the brain that matters. The "filler" parts don't do very much, only the surface.

That case is so rare, because somehow only the inner, filler parts were damaged. In normal cases when say 20% of the brain is damaged, that means 20% of the surface is damaged as well and it comes with serious impairment.

The "filler parts" allow the regions of the brain to communicate with each other. They are important.

cont.
In this case, fluid does the job the missing brain matter would do pretty OK.
The same could be said for many parts of the body. 90% of your fingers could go missing no problem, as long as the pone way replaces with something hard, skin with something soft, and tendons with something flexible but strong.

>t.

Attached: 1652782805724.jpg (680x680, 70.43K)

>"relatively normal"
>iq of 70
Typical civil servant

Nice selfie, but this is Any Forums; Any Forums's two doors down.

Nowhere near as important as the "surface". Neurons create connections anyway, and it may be a long path around, but there is still communication. Which is why OP happened.

Had he instead had "20%" damage to the frontal lobe surface, his impairment would be discovered in early childhood.

Attached: 1632048449349.jpg (409x393, 29.25K)