/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

*Green edition*
Read the sticky: >GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous thread:

Attached: 1613247201407.jpg (1920x1281, 514.09K)

If I get a crack from the internet for a game. I disable access to internet (windows firewall - outgoing). I stop spreading the virus from crack to windows? How do I stop spreading the virus? Only play the game?

depends what the virus is, blocking network access wont stop everything

That sounds so dumb I can't tell if you're trolling.

I am sick an tired of trojans

Then stop pirating. Media is fine. Anything you install, you fundamentally can't know if it contains malware, which is the only close to reliable way of knowing your system is clean. If you can't afford grey market keys, maybe you should spend a little less time gaming and start working for fiverr or some shit.

where can I find /cumg/ threads?
do they still make the threads in Any Forums?
or migrated to other board/site?

If your GPU has a voltage or temperature spike, that can cause it to basically shut down and make your screens turn off, yes? I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem where mid game my monitors will just stop receiving a signal until I hard reboot my machine, but after reboot there's nothing in the event viewer logs.

I can't into doom9
I'm too much of a noob to properly search my questions on it
any other place with encoding/filtering guides
I'm trying to learn how to properly treat DVDs but there's not much info

is there any way to screen mirror from fedora gnome to a TV? gnome-network-display and "Cast to TV" on gnome extensions both dont work

tell a retard like me how to easily and for free do regular automated backups. ive been using macrium reflect and that piece of shit software doesnt work and i dont really want to make full disk images either, i just need it to backup my data. the windows 10 backup feature for whatever reason doesnt let me select my C drive so i dont know whats up with that. i lost some mouse profiles today because razers junk synapse software decided to just delete them randomly and i couldnt recover them with the backup i made with macrium reflect because that shit software doesnt work. i need something that actually works.

why Any Forums let's you mark multiple posts for deletion? when i try to delete several posts i just get "you cannot delete post this old".

>Open newly installed game
>Volume is at 100% so it blasts my ears
>Set the DAC to a more appropriate level even at max volume
>This makes youtube/streams considerably quiet even at full volume
Any software I can use to deal with this problem on Windows? I was thinking of something that would set applications to 75% or even 50% volume automatically. I just don't understand what makes most games normally louder. My web browser is at 100% volume, so I don't get this.

Once the trojan is installed, it can do anything

What sort of cost would there be for a big streamer (say, 40k concurrent viewers) to self host a streaming platform on AWS or something so that they have full control? Are the economics of scale for something like twitch so great that it would be completely unaffordable?

I want to block normal phone calls on android and use some sort of foss voip for calls, what are the options?

Imaging your whole disk is a shitty way to do backups these days. Just use freefoldersync and figure out which directories you actually care about.

Looking for a monitor stand that supports two monitors stacked, with a swivel to change which one is on top without remounting them every time. Does such a thing exist?

I need to set up a firewall so that my smart tv can connect to my local network but is blocked from the internet. What router firmware should I use for this?

could just configure it manually

Attached: ipv4 address.jpg (500x265, 75.05K)

caribapa :D