activation server does not exist anymore

> activation server does not exist anymore

then give me my fucking money back, MS

Attached: free-hq-windows-7-ultimate-49-free-hq.jpg (1600x1000, 90.29K)

read the contract

No refunds

Attached: EyTG9bvW8AMEnj-.jpg (484x680, 23.75K)

Bill cook? Tim gates?

>uses $100 product every day for 10 years
>product discontinued
>NOOOOO I DIDNT GET MY MONEY'S WORTH!!!!!!!!
imagine being this entitled

Welcome to proprietary software, bub.

Pretty sure they still exist and even if they nuke them you can probably still host your own KMS server and activate it that way twice a year.

I just prepped four desktop computers via MSDN win7 ISO fresh and they all activate fine, but it was pretty fucking dumb.

You need to download some offline updates to update the windows update utility for the OS and do some updates prior to activating because they updated things including the digital signatures that are required for the process.

Still works just gotta jump through hoops.
Windows 7 can't update itself with just internet access anymore you need to patch it.

Do you happen to have the exact KB numbers of the updates that are necessary?

Use an activator and call it a day. (KMS_VL_ALL or Windows Loader if the first one doesn't work for your install)

This, even XP still has the activation servers operational as many systems still run XP embedded.
Windows update should pull everything still public just nothing past extended support. The Key updates pull first to get the bulk updates.

Chances are you bought a cheap KMS key and got scammed which is why ebay keys suck

>give me my fucking money back
>I DIDNT GET MY MONEY'S WORTH!!!!!!!!
do niggers actually pay for windows? lmao
use massgrave/winactivate or if on win7

Attached: boFyP7ZSY5.jpg (456x720, 48.51K)

>Do you happen to have the exact KB numbers of the updates that are necessary?
Yes, but not quite.
I have a list that I know will get everything working but I don't know for certain which are required specifically for what or if any can be skipped. All I know at this moment is that installing these 6 will get the job done and let you receive windows updates and after a couple checks for updates and reboots you will have no problem activating Windows with a working key.

Windows6.1-KB3020369-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB3125574-v4-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB3138612-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB4474419-v3-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB4490628-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB4516065-x64.msu

>Windows update should pull everything still public just nothing past extended support.
No.
Windows Update is 100% non-functional on a fresh install. It is completely broken and can't be used, giving erorrs whenever you try to check for them. The same with activation servers. You can't even activate via phone because that's using an updated version incompatible with non-updated Windows. Even with valid retail and OEM product keys (the real shit, not reddit resold keys, the kind you get that come with official authenticity stickers and everything) you still can't activate Windows on a fresh install.

There might be an up to date ISO but anyone with an original CD literally needs patching to activate these days.

>Windows Update is 100% non-functional on a fresh install. It is completely broken and can't be used, giving erorrs whenever you try to check for them. The same with activation servers. You can't even activate via phone because that's using an updated version incompatible with non-updated Windows. Even with valid retail and OEM product keys (the real shit, not reddit resold keys, the kind you get that come with official authenticity stickers and everything) you still can't activate Windows on a fresh install.
Unless it just turned off it still works with any non cracked copy, I installed windows 7 last month for a legacy application updated just fine. At worst it may give you an easy enough to google error code, to download the updated update keys and then reboot.

>There might be an up to date ISO
If you're not using Windows 7 with SP1 why bother? you're just going to deal with a bunch of wasted time.

>Unless it just turned off
I did the installs this month. I don't know how long it's been this way.
>At worst it may give you an easy enough to google error code, to download the updated update keys and then reboot.
So you're aware it may be non functional and require patching. Lol.

>If you're not using Windows 7 with SP1 why bother?
X17-59186.iso is Win7 Pro with SP1. Just an "older" "version" of SP1 that's outdated and unable to receive updates or activate. These changes to Windows update and activation came long after SP1, so SP1 is not the determing factor here.

Newer ISOs probably work fine but plenty of people still use their tried and tested or original from-the-packaging CDs and that's the point.
Their servers are no longer compatible with the original product as it was shipped and sold on shelves.

Just get the convenience rollup

If you’re not using 8.1 at this point, you’ve exposed yourself as a retard grifter who is only using 7 because Any Forums told you to. Anyone who knows anything knows that 8.1 is the modern day windows 7

>he paid
dumb firstworlders

>All I know at this moment is that installing these 6 will get the job done and let you receive windows updates and after a couple checks for updates and reboots you will have no problem activating Windows with a working key.
>Windows6.1-KB3020369-x64.msu
>Windows6.1-KB3125574-v4-x64.msu
>Windows6.1-KB3138612-x64.msu
>Windows6.1-KB4474419-v3-x64.msu
>Windows6.1-KB4490628-x64.msu
>Windows6.1-KB4516065-x64.msu
Awesome, user, thanks, saving screencap of thread for future reference and other Anons.

Have some cute animals.

Attached: 1653613161269.webm (720x720, 2.89M)

Attached: 1653613263558.webm (848x472, 2.49M)

Attached: 1653613411122.webm (460x576, 2.9M)