Buy ssd for 100 dollars

>buy ssd for 100 dollars
>fails after 2 years
>warning shows up on screen telling me i need to backup my data because the drive is about to fail

i never had this happen with hdd. i still use an hdd from 2008

Attached: clone-hard-drive-ssd-1.jpg (940x546, 146.87K)

What's that? You still use Hard Doggy Dicks? Ew dude, that's gay. I'm calling the RSPCA.

Awesome blog, OP, can't wait to read more from you.

/subscribe

Attached: 30288906-8481111-THEN_Mia_Agraviador_age_six_saying_her_signature_porque_no_los_d-m-28_1593642465664.jpg (306x364, 14K)

Sounds like you are buying shit products

Attached: DiskInfo64_rCJGDNSV5u.png (674x848, 55.94K)

The only real problem with ssd as backup is that they will lose data after 1 year without power. a helium sealed HDD on the other hand can last forever

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-15 093315.png (745x407, 79.29K)

>ssd as backup is that they will lose data after 1 year without power
Why that happen? why flashdrives and phones dont loose data if stored for decades?

He fell for the SSD meme.
You where warned.

Wouldn't it be cool if I stuck a USB up my ass? I think it would be cool.

Is that what plug and play means?

hell yeah dude

>they will lose data after 1 year without power

No.

>helium sealed HDD on the other hand can last forever.

No, and it makes no sense to specify helium sealed HDDs for this, as helium sealed HDDs specifically will at some point fail due to helium leakage in a timeframe where a non-helium sealed HDD might still function.

>He didn't defrag his SSD

Life is full of compromises. This is why you NEVER go with anything below a 1TB SSD if you don't intend to minimize or complete disable page file/swap entirely. The true benefit of SSDs is they're so outrageously fast compared to mechanical HDDs that they begin to emulate single channel DDR1-DDR2 RAM performance.

Attached: SSD_cap_matters.png (1408x570, 54.32K)

>bought hdd
>shook it once
>it's dead

I've had ssds in all of my machines for a decade now with no failures. I only use Samsung, Crucial or Intel though.

>i never had this happen with hdd
i have

Attached: wd.png (1069x564, 86.79K)

Swap is a red herring

>helium sealed HDDs specifically will at some point fail due to helium leakage
I thougut they just become slower due to air resistance being higher?

Yeah making backups was never a thing and is totally pointless don't ever make backups.

Works on my machine