How do I install raspberry pi os on VMware?

How do I install raspberry pi os on VMware?
The official site has a .img.xz file. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with that. It should be an iso.

Attached: images (14).jpg (640x479, 62.97K)

Why would you want that anyway? It's just debian.

Because I'd like to use the os that is compatible with rapsberry pi

uncompress and use it as the hard disk
Your VM has to be ARM

that's rootfs, put it into disk root

okay fine I'll use debian

I tried debian and it didn't work
So I downloaded alpine arm7
Why is this shit so complicated...

Attached: Screenshot (29).png (1920x1080, 183.05K)

>using vms
do non-whites really?

Attached: firefox_yN3PrcoryA.jpg (1660x758, 124.27K)

>using terminal-only vms
do brainlets really?

There are plenty of OSes that are compatible with the Raspberry Pi, but since you seem like a newbie it would be best.

>1 download raspberry pi os .iso file from their site
>2 download a program called “belena etcher”
>3 use belena to “flash” the iso onto a microsd card
>4 plug the microsd card into your pi

That’s it

You can also use dd if ur on linux and you know what that is

he seems to want to run a raspberry pi compatible os on his x86 computer

Shit didn’t read OP. Just do this same thing I just mentioned but you have to uncompress the .img.xz file with software that supports .tar (ie winrar or 7z)

bruh…

Your computer/laptop is able to run VM's first though right?

You're kind of doing a really weird niche thing. It would be strange if it weren't complicated. I would ask why you aren't just using a Raspberry Pi but I know if you could, you would. If I were in your position I would look up "vmware x86 host arm guest raspberry pi". I only use VirtualBox so I don't know how far you'd get with VMWare. You have lots of good information to go off of in this thread already though. Proverbs 1:24

Yeah ill just get the pi anc do it then desu

You might be able to emulate ARM with QEMU, maybe try that. I could be just a brainlet though, but it also seems like you might be a brainlet for trying to do this and not just running on a real pi.

Attached: confused.jpg (299x168, 5.64K)

if you just want to build binaries and shit for Pis, investigate zig. no I don't mean use zig the language, just use it as a giant amalgamated mutl-arch clang/LLVM toolchain and then all your problems go away. I use to have my own build roots for building cross compiler toolchains, but I switched to zig because it was a lot simpler and it has mutli-libc version targeting and other useful shit ootb. only shit factor is it's literally clang under the hood so it might not build all things GNU.

nigga why are you trying to run the os in a vm?

Btw is there an easy way to add buttons to a raspberry pi?

>>using vms
>uses vm
Huh?