Why are some people so autistic about companies "stealing their personal information"?

Why are some people so autistic about companies "stealing their personal information"?
I can understand a healthy amount of concern over it, but stuff like this is just going full retard.

Attached: ghj8526.png (1197x309, 62.38K)

I'm only autistic about information being stolen if it's by a United States company
If China steals my info I actually do not care

It's not even about that. For me personally the aspect of annoyance is enough. I don't want a shitbox with a barely navigable UI filled to the brim with adverts and special offers for bullshit streaming services. All I want is a big dumb LCD panel that displays what's on my Jellyfin server.

retards and illiterates will always exists, but it's still a good idea to minimize the amount of personal information youre forfeiting, since you only stand to gain (or not lose) doing so.

>If China steals my info I actually do not care
I thought the same way about Russia, and then Russia ended up in a proxy war with the entire west.

advertising as a business model shouldn't exist, so I want to do my part to damage it

>wanting a tv in the first place
do americans really?
watching anime while in bed on a laptop is 99999x more comfortable
russia should be nuked

>watching anime while in bed on a laptop is 99999x more comfortable
>watching stuff on your shitty 20" laptop panel vs relaxing on the couch with a 50" quality screen

I mainly just don't want a "Smart" TV that injects ads into the menus and locks me out if I don't accept their privacy policy.

have you ever owned a smart tv?
it's horrible to actually use
a "dumb" tv with a chromecast or fire stick is a superior experience 100% of the time

>buy cheap LGtv
>requires nothing to activate
>says the only time it needs info is if you download tv apps
>don't download TV apps

there's nothing comfortable about watching anime
I quit that shit when I realized it's 95% shit and not worth it. that was when I was 17, 15 years ago

does it require an account for apps now? i have 2016 lg tv, it doesn't require any account and you can root it easily to get homebrew apps

it doesn't require an account, just wants you to accept the lack-of-privacy policy.

if you don't care about warranty, use rootmy.tv or something like that, iirc it also disables some telemetry

China owns a lot of us companies.Reddit , Discord Hollywood etc and is involved with big tech so you are not really safe

Why are some people autistic about consuming food and water that isn't poisoned? Why are some people autistic about safety? Farming data and advertising only serve to make society and the economy worse. They just keep getting more invasive and unavoidable as well. It's only reasonable to be concerned and take such measures.

Enjoy your signage display, bro.

You should be butt fucked by arabs

>watching anime while in bed on a laptop is 99999x more comfortable
How? I have a NEET tier setup so it might be cheating, but I don't see how this is true. Maybe a tablet with an arm to hold it would come close.

This. Confusing why would you willing consume the food you know is poisoned? I'm not hardcore yet but started taking steps to remove this crap outta my life as much as I can.

you lie on your belly