Tabs or Spaces?

Tabs or Spaces?

Attached: AEAE9640-992D-493F-8F44-39AAAC3AE7CA.png (1165x756, 1.2M)

Tabs.

You've got to hate yourself if you un ironically use spaces instead of tabs.

tabs

Attached: 1632706798231.png (612x612, 383.97K)

I'll bet you are one of those retards who thinks using spaces means literally pressing the spacebar

tabs

Spaces using tabs.

Literally best of both worlds. Any fag who denies this is a contrarian brainlet. I've also yet to hear a valid argument against this.

the only difference is the pre compiled file size right?

Spaces, although I see the argument for why tabs are superior.

>Spaces using tabs.
This is gibberish and you are stupid for thinking this means anything.

It means that wen you press the tab key your editor inserts for spaces you absolute brainlet. Spaces using tabs (key)

Immediately made sense to me

vim
fuck emacs

Yes, that's what "using spaces" means. Nobody says "spaces using tabs" because the tab key is implied. Retard.

tabs for indent, spaces for alignment. This is the one true way, everything else is heresy and evil

tabs

Wait, what does it mean then, am i being baited?

Nice b8

It means you configured your IDE or text editor to input spaces when you press the tab key. You aren't really this stupid, are you? You just picked a side without having any idea what the fuck was being discussed?

Imagine being the kind of retard who thinks it's literally about spacebar vs tab-key and going around telling everyone that tabs are better, just to end up using spaces anyways because that's the default

Attached: Screenshot_20220615_025429.png (832x78, 7.32K)

>because the tab key is implied
no it isn't

Sure, it's not implied if you are a retard who has never coded or looked at the settings for any IDE or programmer's text editor.

I'm not the first user, i didn't pick any side, i didn't care up untill your reply
>It means you configured your IDE or text editor to input spaces when you press the tab key
What's the point of that?

You have below 80 IQ if you really think anyone uses the physical spacebar for indentation or if you think anyone has done that in the last 30 years. Every single IDE and capable text editor has supported spaces for indentation for longer than you've been alive.

Yes, it is. What do you think it was else supposed to mean?

>30
Make it 20. I've seen horrid code from early 2000s

>What's the point of that?
Generally people switch to spaces after seeing their code displayed with a different tabstop setting than they use personally (ie. on github or someone else's computer). It can often look very ugly and even cause end-of-line comments to become misaligned. Using spaces instead means you can line things up and they will stay lined up.

Tabs. Using spaces makes everyone's "columns per indent" value the same, but do you really need that? Why do you feel the need to control how others see your code? Use tabs and let people choose how many columns they have per indentation for fuck's sake, it doesn't affect you in any way.
Use spaces for alignment.

>Tabfags pretending indentation is not alignment
Kek I love this retardation

>hurr durr.. you should mix tabs and spaces
Faggots like you should kys