Is tech a dead or dying job market?

Wasn't so long ago that everyone was saying learn to code and all you need is bootcamp or self taught to get into a junior Dev role.

That ship has obviously long sailed and now it's hard to get your foot in the door even if you have a degree and bootcamp.

Also another recession is in coming. Is there any point to programming I'd there's little chance you'll ever be a paid programmer ?

Landing any tech job is all luck and networking from what I hear. Is it better to just move in and look for another industry to work in for those who haven't started working in tech yet!

Attached: images (4).jpg (672x219, 22.17K)

lots of jobs will be eliminated in favor of tech jobs.
it's literally un escapable ar this point.

Tech jobs are all dying though . Software dev is pretty much impossible to get into ,

>Tech jobs are all dying though .

They said the same thing after the dotcom bubble.

>Software dev is pretty much impossible to get into ,

Every job is hard to get into. You're likely to get rejected even if you apply at McDonalds.

Then how much harder is a tech job. We are going into another recession , I find it hard to have enough hope to even look for any job at this point (and leave a current job) let alone try and break into a notoriously difficult feild like tech that comes down entirely to luck and networking

You can stop looking the negatives and start studying and networking right now
OR
try to find the next big thing that requires no effort and pays a lot of money

No matter the job, the field, the year, the economy it will always have a challenge. Stop waiting for that perfect carrer path because you will never find it.

Tech is dead for the tech industry. However tech is not dead in non tech industries. From financial to healthcare, shit is booming. Embedding yourself as a tech guy in these industries has way more job security, but it requires knowledge of frameworks/methodologies/policies in addition to tech skills.

>That ship has obviously long sailed
Did a bootcamp about 9 months ago and I got a junior dev role after training.

Be a welder, electrician, mechanic or a carpenter. Tech jobs are degenerate.

isnt it because we are in a recession?

Why? I like money and I like my job.

>ech jobs are degenerate.
lol you clearly haven't met many carpenters, welders or mechanics

yeh and you also have a lot of luck and you knew the right people

so you have to get into at least two industries now in other words, to be able to have a tech job

Once you get your first tech job you are pretty much good to go and will always be able to find another job

Attached: 85A5986E-9939-4DFF-A04D-8C736ABF692B.jpg (640x918, 85.23K)

No. Literally everything that can be moved to digital is being moved. 500k FAGMAN salaries might go away, but tech will always be needed.

OP, why are you complaining? If you have a CS degree you should have no trouble finding a job. If youre a bootcamper its your fault for falling for that scam that no other STEM field offers

>this is what optimistic naive college kids actually believe
HAhaha HAHAHAAHAHAhaAAH
BWAHAHAHAHA OH GOD WHY DOES IT HURT

I did manufacturing for 7 years and just got hired on at a software company despite having no education beyond high school. Probably sent out 100 applications and did 6 or 7 interviews before I got a job. Put in the leg work.

….thats literally what happens

After you get 1 year of experience its much easier to find jobs

this. when i want to change jobs, i just put myself as looking on linkedin and get swarmed by subhuman recruiters

What if you get fired before you hit 1 year of experience?

you lie on interview

Unironically this. I live in leaf land, and after one internship I get offers from most interviews. Granted, out of 30 or so applications I might get 3 or 4 interviews, but an overall ~10% success rate isn’t too bad.

There’s a massive perspective bias on this board because of all the NEETs and boot camp plebs, but it’s really not that bad.